7* Training on 9.3

In my game, I've looked really hard, but I don't think there's a single 7-star coach around (large database, 5 nations running). Literally not a single one. I've seen a small handful of 6-star coaches, but they're all close to retirement.

Problem? Coaches with high determination, discipline, motivation are VERY rare. Those skills weren't needed before, and I guess that's why they're low even for world class coaches. Now they're needed, but skill distribution didn't change to reflect it. So I'm currently trying to upgrade my shooting coach to 5 stars and having trouble with it.

I agree that it was too easy to get 7 stars before, but now it's literally not possible because none exists (in my game).

Oh, and... does it matter? I don't know, but 7 stars must be better than 5 somehow, right?? At least it looks pretty.......

Probably you do have some 7 star coaches in your game. You just need to search harder or use Genie Scout 2009 XE 1.0. With it, you will find, very easily, the best coaches available for every type of training. Will save you an enourmous amount of time. Just as an example, check "Jens Mustermann". He should be a 7* coach in Goalkeeping.

However, I do agree that there are very few 7* coaches. In my game, there are several types of trainings where there are none. Or, the ones which do exist, are managers (José Mourinho, for example) and thus cannot be hired.

6* coaches you can find reasonably easily.

Anyway, I think it's better now. If you want very good coaches you will need to find them. Before, you just stumbled on them, one after the other.

Jens Mustermann has 5 stars in my game (motivating 5). I've used staff search thoroughly and manually checked clubs like ManU, AC Milan, etc. No 7-star coaches, and I've seen 3ish 6-star and they're 60+ years old (I'm in 2026). Coaches typically have 1-5 for the mental stats, and that's no good any more.

But just to check, I'm gonna try to download that tool. I'll keep you posted....

Well, I've checked the database now, and there's NOT A SINGLE 7-star coach. Not one in this large database.

There's one ball control and 5 fitness 6-star coaches at 50 years old or younger. There's a total of 8 fitness, 1 ball control, 1 attacking, 1 shooting 6-star coach for all ages. That's it.

Theres absolutely no doubt that SI messed this one up royally.

Well, I've checked the database now, and there's NOT A SINGLE 7-star coach. Not one in this large database.

There's one ball control and 5 fitness 6-star coaches at 50 years old or younger. There's a total of 8 fitness, 1 ball control, 1 attacking, 1 shooting 6-star coach for all ages. That's it.

Theres absolutely no doubt that SI messed this one up royally.

I think it is based on random stats every game and its possible to get 7 stars, but on my game theres also no staff with 7 stars, some with 6 stars (almost impossible to sign).

I wonder if it is because the game was started with 9.2 or the situation is the same with game started in 9.3?

My game was started with 9.2, I've a medium size DB and I've the following 7 star coaches:

1 - Strength and Aerobic (the same guy)

2 - GK

0 - Tactics

1 - Ball Control

0 - Defending

0 - Attacking

0 - Shooting

0 - Set Pieces

6 stars there's a good deal of them, in almost every position.

I'm no the 4th season.

I'm also wondering that maybe the playable leagues influence the availability of coaches.

So, does anyone have a game started with 9.3? I wonder if they fixed the flawed skill distribution.

Take for example John McDermott in my game. He's WORLD CLASS, yet he has 1 (one) for motivating and 2 (two) for determination... Frank de Boer, also world class, has 5 and 4. A regen world class coach has 4/1 and 7 for discipline. Juanvi 1/1/13. I mean, come on.. 1 for motivating? And they're all like that, basically.

Archived