Forward partnership

I had this problem for ages with barca, after watching loads of full matches in 3d. My strikers only got the ball in 2vs4/5 situations, meaning they'd generally try long shots. What fixed this was to change their mentality to one below the wingers, set a target man, with one winger aiming crosses to head and the other to feet. Also set the more creative striker freedom to high with short passing.

Is this actually possible? How do I instruct 1 winger to aim for head and 1 for feet? The only target instruction I am aware of is in the team settings. The individual only says aim for target man..

Also is this a decent set of instructions for a tall forward and fast creative forward combo?

Sounds like a load of old rot to me. :D

In general, you could set a target man to 'mixed' delivery, set your wingers to 'cross aim TM' and then ask one winger to play with longer passing and the other to play with shorter passing. That's the only way I could think of achieving what you have put in the quotation above. Why you'd want to do that exactly, I can't fathom. :confused:

To answer your question about striker combination, a creative deep lying striker will work well well alongside another perhaps quicker striker who leads the line. :thup:

As for the problem for your striker getting the ball in situations where he would be more likely to take long shots, that sounds more like a problem regarding overall approach, i.e. mentality, and maybe forward runs (not enough players supporting).

C.

Sorry, this was what I had read in a previous thread somewhere and saved it for investigation later as I had noticed similar problems with my forwards. One will get high rating and the other is always rather crap.

Well it depends on what strikers and wingers you use.

I had a 442 team with one great crosser on the right and great passes on the left. So passing on mixed on the left winger and passing on Direct op the right.

Then Crossing high on the right on and set to Aim for TM.

Left winger: Through balls often and then set your TM to pass to Feet.

Then your other striker give hem creative freedom (and if he's really good Free role) and voila! your targetman either scores or heads on for the other striker. Worked like a charm for me.

Then Crossing high on the right on and set to Aim for TM.

Left winger: Through balls often and then set your TM to pass to Feet.

Right kind of idea but 'through-balls' are generally a pass in front of a player rather than into his feet.

Your whole team will be more likely to place it into the TMs feet though, just as one of your wingers will be more likely to aim for your TM when crossing.

C.

• 1 month later...

Archived