Tottenham 2nd Season 4222 Tactic

First of all I take very little of any credit for the backbone of this tactic, it's based on Alexio's 4-2-3-1 thread found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88891

I was struggling big time with Tottenham and Alexio's tactic helped me finish 5th in the league went on about 15 game unbeaten run!

One problem for me was it wasn't very exciting, very flat and a lot of 1-0 wins but not playing very well.

End of season I sold a lot of players that were unhappy and lost faith in my ability - sold Bentley for £21mil, Mata and Palacio who I only bought beginning of season. I stuck with same formation but found it hard to get good wingers and ended up buying Rossi and Van Der Vaart. I also found that Modric played better behind the striker so really was stumped for wide men.

I then decided to tweak the tactic - to a 4222, moving the AMC to SC and pulling the wide men to the AMC positions. After a few practices pre-season this really started to pay-off, much more creative and scoring a lot more goals!

You might this this is very narrow but the AMCs have free roles and find themselves swapping positions and moving to wide positions. I have also conceded very little so far. Granted I haven't played any of the 'big four' but this is creating so many more chances and goals. I will continue with it and see how I get on the rest of the season.

Tactic and screenshots to follow...

Tactic : http://files.filefront.com/13326729

Results Image:

resultswl0.bmp

Tactic Image:

tactic4222lj0.bmp

im looking for a tactic for spurs... ill give it a go. how long for the players to settle u rekon?

It was really bad the 1st season my only advice is to NEVER be negative about players in press conferences no matter how tempting it is and always give positive team talks regardless of how bad you play.

Now in my second season the team is starting to gel more.

Looks interesting mate but apart from the 6-0 at home v besikatas you aint really played anyone decent on them results how have you got on v manu, chelsea and liverpool etc?

I agree with you mate so we'll see how I get on - the main thing I noticed so far is I am creating about 75% more chances, conceding very few, and for some reason winning a lot of free kicks around the box. Not scoring many free-kicks but that's a different story...

Archived