How do you stop the 4-2-4 from the other team?

Seems that if I'm leading only by 1-0 and there's about 5-10 min left in the game once the computer switches to a 4-2-4 I can barely hold them off... Most of the time they get to net one in. I tried changing the tactics but at the end I get that last minute goal most of the time. Any tips or hints from anyone?

Thanks

One of my stock tactics has 5 men at the back, which usually sees off the 4-2-4 with relative ease. Perhaps playing someone in a holding mid position infront of your back 4 to try and help out. Basically I think it just helps to get numbers back. At times I have a 5man backline with two DM in order to stave off the late 4-2-4 onslaught, can't recall conceeding when ive got that defensive.

Just experiment to find something that works for your team, I trust my team to hold out enough to be able to go this defensive, but if we conceeded I doubt we would be able to score again.

Seems that if I'm leading only by 1-0 and there's about 5-10 min left in the game once the computer switches to a 4-2-4 I can barely hold them off... Most of the time they get to net one in. I tried changing the tactics but at the end I get that last minute goal most of the time. Any tips or hints from anyone?

Thanks

This was very common in FM2008 for me, I usually took off any forward arrows from wingers or even put down arrows for them. Then, Max. Time Wasting, Tempo Max. Slow and ticked Counter Attack.

I had quite good success with that and never had serious problem with 4-2-4.

Haven't really seen it in FM2009 yet...but just got the game.

Archived