Editor wont load 9.2 Database

Smellfire

Works fine with 9.1 and default, starts to load 9.2, gets half way through and says database failed to load.

Any ideas why? Have installed the patch for the editor and presume I have done it correctly.

Game works fine loading 9.2 so a bit flummoxed.

I'm having the same problem, but kinda weirder...

I've got 2 computers with FM (not WWSM) installed. Both run Vista x32, both have the default installation and both activated using Uniloc.

I edited a DB on my laptop, started a game and realized I needed to change something. I reopened the DB on the laptop without a problem, made the changed and saved.

At this point in time I decided to go upstairs and use my desktop. I started FM with the new DB and again realized I forgot to edit something. So I open the editor again, but this time I can't load my DB because it gets part way through and I'm told the DB failed to load.

I can't open the 9.2 DB, but I can open the 9.1 DB and another DB I fiddled with based on the 9.1 update.

I'm fully patched up on the editor and AFAIK everything else OS side is also up to date. The only difference between the 2 computers is the hardware and the fact that the 9.2 DB won't load :(

I was going to delete my previous post, but I want to leave it there to help others learn from my stupidity.

I'm not entirely certain if I was incorrect in saying that both my systems were completely matched, but I ran the 9.2 patch again on my desktop just to make absolutely certain that everything was up to date, and lo and behold, my DB loads.

So, ummm, my fault and everyone, run the patch again to make certain you're up to date :rolleyes:

Vampiere, was it you thought you installed the patch and you actually never did?

I had installed the patch, but I think what I had done was install the 9.2 patch and then later installed the 1.1 editor patch again for some reason.

I'm not certain why I did it (or even if I did), but that's the only thing I can think of. Needless to say, after installing 9.2 again, I deleted it and the 1.1 editor patch executables :D

Archived