Winning Ugly

I've started my first go on FM09, managing Notts County in League Two. We have an average enough squad, tipped for around 15th. However, because we've signed a lot of new players, both courtesy of myself and from signings in real life, we have such little cohesion that getting results is difficult.

Chester 2 - 0 Notts Co

Carlisle 4 - 1 Notts Co (FAC)

Notts Co 2 - 3 Bradford

Dag & Redbridge 2 - 1 Notts Co

The assistant manager says we are some way from functioning as a unit, and morale isn't good, so i can understand why we are struggling to go out and put in a performance, why passes aren't connecting and why we struggle to keep any sustained possession.

But i still need to get points on the table.

What i want to know is, in the mean time, what are peoples opinions on how to win ugly? What do people find is the best tactic to grind out results and keep us from falling adrift until our players begin to gel?

Thanks for any, much appreciated, advice.

I've started my first go on FM09, managing Notts County in League Two. We have an average enough squad, tipped for around 15th. However, because we've signed a lot of new players, both courtesy of myself and from signings in real life, we have such little cohesion that getting results is difficult.

Chester 2 - 0 Notts Co

Carlisle 4 - 1 Notts Co (FAC)

Notts Co 2 - 3 Bradford

Dag & Redbridge 2 - 1 Notts Co

The assistant manager says we are some way from functioning as a unit, and morale isn't good, so i can understand why we are struggling to go out and put in a performance, why passes aren't connecting and why we struggle to keep any sustained possession.

But i still need to get points on the table.

What i want to know is, in the mean time, what are peoples opinions on how to win ugly? What do people find is the best tactic to grind out results and keep us from falling adrift until our players begin to gel?

Thanks for any, much appreciated, advice.

Keep it simple and unadventurous - generally low creative freedom, and not too attacking so you aren't throwing men forward

Archived