Relation Current Ability development and training schedules

Been tracking my players' CA/PA ratio for some while now, since I got interested in optimizing their training rendement...

First off... Please do take the time to read the eye-openers on this forum on how FM works with regard to improving CA and the relation with stats increase. But I thought, why not try and rephrase what's become vital knowledge IMHO. Especially since it's rather counter-intuitive. So please use this thread to spill your knowledge on the subject and make other users happy!

Seems that CA increases with adequate (how much?) experience on a relevant level of play, which could be either U19, lower division (loan!) or some first team exposure. Furthermore, of course, players with higher PA's develop quicker compared to players with lower PA's. Finally, of course, your hardware in terms of training facilities and coaching staff will play a role.

But what's most intriguing is the misleading training schedule part. This merely figures as a system of distributing increasing CA points to different stats aspects.

In other words, players with higher training workloads do not increase faster. What happens is that relatively more of their increasing CA worth in stats is distributed to that category of stats.

So the relative value of the different training sliders determine which playing stats rise and the amount of CA increase (determined as explained above) determines how quickly the playing stats rise.

Hope this thread makes training life a little more insightful, if anything!

So what you mean is lets say I have a player with PA of 200 and a CA of 100.

He has finishing, long shots and composure set at 10.

If I train him at the max training for shooting and everything else set at 0, does this means he will end up with those 3 attributes at 20?

Reason being, since he is not training anything else, all the stat points will end up in finishing, long shots and composure.

If I train him at the max training for shooting and everything else set at 0, does this means he will end up with those 3 attributes at 20?

Reason being, since he is not training anything else, all the stat points will end up in finishing, long shots and composure.

Well, indeed this is the principle that I mean. Don't know of any experiments carried out to reproduce this, but training solely attacking should result in decreasing stats over the entire profile, except for shooting stats, which would rise proportionally faster. That is, if any CA gain is achieved. If CA remains the same (f.e. older players) this training setup would result in redistribution of stats to favor the attacking attributes.

Besides that, in my game, my big frustration have always been these players with promising PA's that just won't develop... While others around him seem to improve on exact the same schedules. Now, from my early observations this seems to be directly related to the training workload.

Of all players stating that he is "unhappy with the high training workload", without any exception I saw no players with improving PA's over one half year! All other players did improve all around!

So, please keep your players from too high training workloads, which is a very individual threshold as to what is too much... A big plea for individual training regimes!

Most of what you need to know is in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62706

And the rest is linked from there.

Possibly, but keep in mind that when you have a training category set at zero, those attributes can decline. Also, some attributes are harder to train than others. Finally, some stats are expensive in terms of CA points for a particular position. In this example the attributes you mention cost a lot for strikers to develop, as they are striker 'key attributes'.

Nonetheless, if you wanted to max out those skills, then yes: put the training of attacking as high as possible for your given setup, make sure your coaches are on 'light' workloads, and improve your facilities as much as possible.

Archived