Away Matches Post Patch & Set Pieces

I was wondering if i could get people's opinions on a problem im having since downloading the 9.2 patch.

Pre-Patch, i enjoyed a relatively successful stint with several tactics i created for a variety of different scenarios and situations, and playing away from home was never an issue. Don't get me wrong, my away record was not as good as my home record, as is many people's. But now since the 9.2 patch, i cant seem to obtain and draw, let alone a win.

Many people have complained about a change in the way the match engine plays out and the level of difficulty of AI since the patch update but i decided to carry on with my original tactics and see where it got me. Playing at home is fantastic, a few slip ups every now and again, but with the tactics i have, when i win i normally win in style scoring lots of goals in the process. But away games have become something of a 'damage limitation' exercise using these tactics that have served me well. Going 4-0 down to Cardiff within 25 minutes of the match spelt out the obvious that something was drastically wrong. This being as it is, it was obvious that my tactics were not right at all, so i went and consulted the TT&F for answers and went about creating several new tactics under its guidance. the next games which were both away against Norwich and Doncaster, saw me lose 3-0 in both games, so i decide to change the tactics several times over and replay these games several times over. All of which i still lose, heavily. I then decided that it must be down to me not implementing the tactics correctly as advised, so i come on these forums searching for tactics to either download or copy myself to see any change. Suffice to say, efforts are futile. It isn't an issue of team talks or fitness levels as i have tried and tested many variations of team talks, and none of them seem to have a lasting effect.

I don't have the greatest tactical knowledge in the world, in fact, i hardely have any so advice would be helpful. I have always thought that due to playing away, its important to play slightly more defensive, narrower than what you would at home, try to play through the middle perhaps (optional, depending on mentalities and formation) and to play counter attack. I try to implement what TT&F advise, but it just doesnt seem to work, so where am i going wrong? I could jump on the bandwagon like many others have and 'blame SI' or say that the patch has 'Ruined the game', but im not going to, i shall hold out hope that it is just tactical tweaks that need doing, although its weird how i stuff teams at home, and then get stuffed away from home myself, lol. So what do people advise? I have tried many variations of many tactics and none seem to work. I havent seen people complain about losing away matches heavily all the time post patch, so it must be tactics.... unless other people are having the same problems as me.

Also i would like to touch up upon the issue of set pieces and how people go about implementing them. In my first season (pre patch 9.2), i managed to score i believe roughly 85 goals, only 7 of which came from all kinds of set pieces (most of them were direct freekicks on goal). I don't feel the issue is with the freekick taker and their ability to do so, but with the way i set them up. Anyone got any advise on how to set up corners and such to help convert some more of them from chances into goals? I have a centre back whom is 6'7'', jumping 19 and heading of 17, and a right back who has 19 for long throws. This sounds like a winning combination, but i just don't know how to implement long throws or corners effectively it into matches in a way which allows me to convert more chances into goals

Any feedback and advise would be greatly appreciated

Hurricane

Post me your settings for away games, e.g mentality, CF etc and I'll see what I can do. I have excellent Away form and sketchy home form (Which I know is down to me and my Caution). Also In your manager profile there is a summary of your tactical style, Marking etc post that too.

Can't help you with the post patch away game problem as I am sufering with that too, but corners I think I might be able to help with.

I have had above avereage success with the following setup:

Corners aimed at near post

Best header on Near Post Flick

2nd best header and a striker on Attack Near Post

All other players on Lurk and Stay Back

Let me know how you get on.

Archived