Petition to open up a section for the whiners!

Lol. Pretty much sums up my point.

This section gets more whiners than normal 'cos these people have a problem with their tactics and idea about the game, come here and whine the heaven and earth about hor "unrealistic" this game is. The truth is, I have yet to see a realistic game.

If not, why do you think they call it a game? :D

Some flight simulator games are quite realistic I think, yes (but I don't really know enought about flight to tell if that is the case or not). I don't think that Need For Speed claims to be a racing simulator. It's more of an arcade racing game...

To stay on topic I haven't really seen a lot of people demanding extreme realism. What I have seen though is a lot of people asking for a Match Engine that makes some sort of sense. If the peple you are referring to as whiners are the people who share the oppinions of the majority in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=77565 then I can't really see what you're complaining about. If SI insists on releasing an unfinished product every year that requires 2-3 patches to be enjoyable they should expect a lot of "whining", IMO.

If you think the match engine is unrealistic, try other managerial games. I have ALWAYS said this. And i am saying it again for your sake. I havent seen a match engine any better than FM. So in terms of realism, its as good as it gets already. If you think its unrealistic, you are more than welcome to try other manager games.

Simulator does not equal realistic. This is the first edition with 3D match engine, you've got to be realistic and not expect it to be the best when its already peerless. Of course people can say we did not asked for a 3D match, and i am one of them, but if thats the case then there will never be a step forward. Having 3D match is a step forward, from there more can be built on by making the match engine more realistic.

I seen some of the people's thread its like asking alot. You can't win you blame it on 3D match engine. Come on this is the real world. Even the outside world can sometimes be unrealistic, grow up and move on. You cant just whine and blame it on everything else other than yourself. Again i ask the question, why is the majority doing pretty well, but the minority whining non-stop. Even some of those not doing well, asked for opinions and gone on doing fine. Even if you lose and lose, so what? Does it make you any less useful as a person? There really isn't much of EQ on display by whining about a match engine, when you are gifted a brain far more complex by god.

If flight simulators in the market is realistic, why do pilots practicing flying a plane? Why bother. Why not develop a simulator with actual equipments on the plane. A real plane is far more expensive and dangerous in the air, if simulator programmes can be that realistic, then why bother?

Similarly, if you were to talk about realism, in the past i always wondered why 1 tactic can win all. As with the rest, we do agree that in the past we only need 1 winning tactic and don't have to change. Do you call that realism?

Perhaps you should not lump all people who are experiencing problems with the game into one category of whiners. Most have legitimate problems and frustrations. Granted they're all the same, but they're still valid. Plus, this is a tactics forum after all, and there is a little notice up on top which says "Do you think you have what it takes to help those out who are struggling with tactics & training? Are you looking for some help developing your own tactics or training schedules? Then Tactics & Training Tips is the place to be." Judging by the notice, the so called "whiners" are posting in the right place since the tactics are the biggest source of frustration for people who have any sort of complaints.

you have a point, i agree with you. But i'm actually refering not to those seeking help, i did mention some seeked help and are better off, i myself seeked some help, and asked rather noobish question.

But there are some who give up after "trying everything". And come here and blame the game makers for making the game unrealistic. Now, how realistic is that.

If you think the match engine is unrealistic, try other managerial games. I have ALWAYS said this. And i am saying it again for your sake. I havent seen a match engine any better than FM. So in terms of realism, its as good as it gets already. If you think its unrealistic, you are more than welcome to try other manager games.

Simulator does not equal realistic. This is the first edition with 3D match engine, you've got to be realistic and not expect it to be the best when its already peerless. Of course people can say we did not asked for a 3D match, and i am one of them, but if thats the case then there will never be a step forward. Having 3D match is a step forward, from there more can be built on by making the match engine more realistic.

I seen some of the people's thread its like asking alot. You can't win you blame it on 3D match engine. Come on this is the real world. Even the outside world can sometimes be unrealistic, grow up and move on. You cant just whine and blame it on everything else other than yourself. Again i ask the question, why is the majority doing pretty well, but the minority whining non-stop. Even some of those not doing well, asked for opinions and gone on doing fine. Even if you lose and lose, so what? Does it make you any less useful as a person? There really isn't much of EQ on display by whining about a match engine, when you are gifted a brain far more complex by god.

Lol. You're getting pretty philosophical, eh? As I said before I'm not interested in discussing your views on simulators and real life being unrealistic (?!) or whatever you're on about.

If I understand the 3D ME correctly it only visually reflects the existing match engine and doesn't make any changes to the gameplay. If this is the case I don't really know why you seemingly prefer the addition of the 3D ME to an actual improvement of the ME.

Personally I don't whine because I'm not able to win. I have no problem winning. But the way I win is somewhat dissatisfactory because the ME is so erratic.

Basically I'm not arguing with you though. Football Manager is without doubt the most realistic and best selling manager game in the world. But why should we settle for that? Being critical towards a game is the only way to try and force the developer to put more effort into improving the game and thus I believe people like you who are willing to settle for whatever SI puts on the market every year without asking any questions (and who are even calling people who dare to question SI's efforts "whiners") are a real problem.

I'm not going to reply to this thread anymore and I don't think you should either. It doesn't get much more off-topic than this in a forum about FM tactics...

Archived