I gave up on this years game a few months ago but getting the itch to try again 

my big problem with this years game was the amount of goals in games my team was involved in.

regardless as to team size I would be the highest scorer in the league but also very high on the list of goals conceded 

my tactics are far from gung ho and being a veteran of the game I’m aware of how best to play out certain scenarios 

just trying to get feedback from others to see if you have experienced similar games this year? Have any updates helped the gameplay recently?

any feedback is fully appreciated 

20 hours ago, Hoodiemchood1983 said:

regardless as to team size I would be the highest scorer in the league but also very high on the list of goals conceded 

my tactics are far from gung ho and being a veteran of the game I’m aware of how best to play out certain scenarios 

Although you may not mean to, I’d bet you are in fact playing a more aggressive, attacking game than most IRL teams. It’s very hard not to in FM. The moment you put the mentality to ‘positive’, have more than one attack duty, or leave an extra player upfield while defending a set piece, you are already playing an attacking game by real football standards.

Yup, what NineCloudNine said.

I hadn't purchased FM since 2019, and my first two friendlies in FM2024 were 6-4 & 5-3 loss. In the 25 years I have been playing CM/FM I have never conceded 11 goals in two matches, so it was a real back to basics lesson for me. I'm finding the difference between balanced, positive & attacking mentalities is much more pronounced and can be a bit twitchy, plus there is much more going on under the hood these days.

Also I strongly suggest you venture to Rashidi's "Bust the Net" you tube channel. Rash's knowledge and insight on the match engine is 2nd to none.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWUCWx5HNWSuzwGxwVczGPQ