Feature Request: Academies

image.png.0044f0f910c6d68c0d610e645895b813.png

Academies should be represented in the game.

It should be adjustable which types of players academies recruit (junior recruitment) and which types of players they should produce (junior coaching), which is part of the club's vision.

For example, La Masia produces players who are highly technical, focusing on attributes such as vision, passing, dribbling, and anticipation.

At Ajax, the selection criteria were focused on recruiting youngsters with a strong mentality (personality and mental attributes), while the technical foundations were taught at the academy.

This could be predetermined for some big clubs, similar to club vision, while for other teams or if you're creating the academy, the board could ask for recommendations.

This could be simply provided in text, for instance:

Junior recruitment criteria/priority: Personality, Mental attributes, Technical attributes, or Physical attributes.

Junior coaching focus:
Technical-passing: Focus attributes: Passing, vision, first touch, technique.
Technical ball control: Focus attributes: Dribbling, first touch, technique, flair.
Physical-endurance: Work rate, endurance, teamwork.
Physical-speed: Acceleration, speed, balance.
Mental-intelligence: Focus attributes: Anticipation, off the ball, positioning, decisions, vision.
Mental-toughness (bravery, aggression, determination, work rate, team work).

If you have better academies, you'd be able to pick 2-3 from the focuses.

The quality of the academy staff would define the success of the academy, but they would prioritize these as they work.

Of course, there would still be a random effect as most things do in FM, but the youth intake should somehow reflect to that... Not in every ocasion of course, but in general. 

This way, if I'm managing a club I want to play gegenpressing all day,  I could ensure that I wouldn't get random youth coming through with no work rate, team work and so. 

On 18/04/2024 at 04:27, gergo fmstories said:

image.png.0044f0f910c6d68c0d610e645895b813.png

Academies should be represented in the game.

It should be adjustable which types of players academies recruit (junior recruitment) and which types of players they should produce (junior coaching), which is part of the club's vision.

For example, La Masia produces players who are highly technical, focusing on attributes such as vision, passing, dribbling, and anticipation.

At Ajax, the selection criteria were focused on recruiting youngsters with a strong mentality (personality and mental attributes), while the technical foundations were taught at the academy.

This could be predetermined for some big clubs, similar to club vision, while for other teams or if you're creating the academy, the board could ask for recommendations.

This could be simply provided in text, for instance:

Junior recruitment criteria/priority: Personality, Mental attributes, Technical attributes, or Physical attributes.

Junior coaching focus:
Technical-passing: Focus attributes: Passing, vision, first touch, technique.
Technical ball control: Focus attributes: Dribbling, first touch, technique, flair.
Physical-endurance: Work rate, endurance, teamwork.
Physical-speed: Acceleration, speed, balance.
Mental-intelligence: Focus attributes: Anticipation, off the ball, positioning, decisions, vision.
Mental-toughness (bravery, aggression, determination, work rate, team work).

If you have better academies, you'd be able to pick 2-3 from the focuses.

The quality of the academy staff would define the success of the academy, but they would prioritize these as they work.

Of course, there would still be a random effect as most things do in FM, but the youth intake should somehow reflect to that... Not in every ocasion of course, but in general. 

This way, if I'm managing a club I want to play gegenpressing all day,  I could ensure that I wouldn't get random youth coming through with no work rate, team work and so. 

I came to suggest something similar with the possibility to influence long term club vision. For example, if I build a team into a success, it would be great to set parameters on "ideal" characteristics. For example, think Stoke targeting tall and strong players, or Barca and Ajax targeting technical ability.