Playing time - How to manage best???

Generally, I try to keep the promised playing time as low as possible for all my players to avoid constant complaints about playing time if I rotate more during the period or if someone is in better form.

Now, managing Auxerre, it's important for me to sell my players at a high price, and I'm not sure if increasing playing time (assuming they play matches anyway) would influence this positively.

Question:

If I were to increase someone's playing time, could it also increase their market value?

For instance, if someone is labeled as a "squad player" but plays almost every match (e.g., Toti Gomes), could this increase the likelihood of the player knocking for a better contract?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 18.47.27.png

Market value - no. A lower squad status might make a player look like a more attractive target to another club though, and if they can offer more guaranteed playing time that club might be more attractive to the player. 

Asking for an upgraded contract - yes. More so if they are an older, established player. A younger player will just be delighted, though a pushy agent might demand new terms if it is clear that their player has become a regular.

Personally I don’t stress too much about this. I just give players a squad status that accurately reflects how much I plan to play them, then I play them that much. If a squad player plays their way into regular starts, their status gets updated. If that means they want a pay rise, fair enough they earned it. If someone else else gets grouchy and wants to leave, that’s fine too, happens all the time IRL.