Need help with my 4-3-2-1 tactic

Hi. I'm pretty bad at making tactics but I've finally made one that I actually like. I find it really easy to create good chances as my players make lots of overlapping runs that create overloads in attack. Though of course, it isn't perfect and I concede a lot of goals with it. I have a few questions/problems:

• My wingbacks often go incognito which I assume is because of my very narrow formation. Would complete wingbacks do a better job affecting play? Or should I push them up a position and have the occupy the WB instead of DL position?
  • I notice that since I usually create overloads in attack I'm vulnerable to counters. Is there anything I can do to help this?

I would appreciate any misc thoughts on my tactic.

image_2024-04-17_151350158.png

10 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

I'd maybe be tempted to push the wing backs into the wingback position further up the pitch and change the DM to a Half Back.. Create a 3421 in possession. 

Thanks, getting a lot more xG per game doing this.

On 16/04/2024 at 22:20, natpatrat said:

Hi. I'm pretty bad at making tactics but I've finally made one that I actually like. I find it really easy to create good chances as my players make lots of overlapping runs that create overloads in attack. Though of course, it isn't perfect and I concede a lot of goals with it. I have a few questions/problems:

• My wingbacks often go incognito which I assume is because of my very narrow formation. Would complete wingbacks do a better job affecting play? Or should I push them up a position and have the occupy the WB instead of DL position?
  • I notice that since I usually create overloads in attack I'm vulnerable to counters. Is there anything I can do to help this?

I would appreciate any misc thoughts on my tactic.

image_2024-04-17_151350158.png

I would go Halfback + double wingback (a) for something like this. Maybe a MEZ(S) + CAR? Mix things up a little :) 

A back 5 w/a libero is another option here, a 3-4-2-1- is a very defensively solid formation which would address some of your out of possession issues. 

Edited by Cloud9