Coaching badges

Hi, could somebody help me please?

I started unemployed with no badges and sunday league footballer, now up to 45% rep and 2 and a half stars with no badges, had 3 promotions and two J1 league title wins and won the AFC champions league.  No clubs have shown any interest, I havent applied, I want to wait for approaches.

I wanted to see how far I could get without badges, do I have to have them for bigger clubs to approach and do I have to ask for them or will the board offer them to me off their own back?

Thanks for reading.

You have to request to take a coaching course. I've never know the board offer them. The first two or three badges take about 4 months each. The last couple take longer - about 8 months to a year. Someone will know the exact periods or maybe google it.

I don't know for definite but when I did my Southport save for about 10 seasons, after I got my badges & a promotion, I started getting lots of offers from Championship sides, league 1, league 2 & Scotland. (That was about two or three seasons in I think.)

Edited by Brodie21

Being a sad individual, I kept a record. The interview offers are the team - league they were in & league I was in. (I didn't do the National C, as I have that in real life.)

National B - complete on Feb 7th '23
National A - complete on Apr 3rd '24
Continental C - complete on Aug 2nd '24
Continental B - complete on Feb 9th '25
Continental A - complete on Feb 11th '26
Continental Pro - complete on Apr 26th '27

Interview Offers

Tranmere - National / In National
Accrington Stanley - Div 2 / In National
Leyton Orient - Div 2 / In National
Exeter City - Div 2 / In National
Wycombe Wanderers - Div 2 / In National
MK Dons - Div 1 / In National
Oxford United - Div 1 / In National
Rotherham - Championship / In National
Peterboro - Championship / In National
MK Dons - Div 1 / In North
Plymouth Argyle - Div 1 / In North
Rotherham - League 1 / In North
Milwall - League 1 / In National
Peterboro - League 1 / In National
QPR - Championship / In National
Millwall - League 1 / In National
Peterboro - League 1 / In National
Preston - League 1 / In National
Cardiff - League 1 / In National
Swansea - Championship / In National
Motherwell - Scottish Premiership / In National
Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership / In Div 2
Lincoln - Championship / In Div 2
Blackpool - Championship / In Div 2
Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership / In Div 2

Thanks, thats a great help. Im about to win my 3rd J1 title with G Osaka after winning the AFC Champions league and not even a rumour of clubs being interested. Thought maybe its because I have no badges, only experience.

25 minutes ago, steph61620 said:

Thanks, thats a great help. Im about to win my 3rd J1 title with G Osaka after winning the AFC Champions league and not even a rumour of clubs being interested. Thought maybe its because I have no badges, only experience.

Sounds like you're doing a great job. I'd get going with those coaching badges. Me personally, I used to ask the board at the end of the season, when I knew I had more time to complete it but that's personal preference. Just for info, some boards don't like sending their managers on coaching courses. If you fond you're at one of those clubs, there's not a lot you can do but put up with it or leave. Some boards are fine with you doing your badges but if the club needs all your attention e.g. you're in a relegation battle, they may refuse it at that time.

Good luck, all the best