[Discussion] contract negotiations when near to/over wage budget

At the moment if you enter contract negotiations with a player but don’t have the budget it limits what you can offer, sometimes so it’s impossible to make a deal. For example they want £7,000 a week but you can only offer £40

My suggestion is, when you don’t have the budget, to allow you to offer what you could if you had room in your budget (within certain limits) but have a warning flag to say you can’t afford it at the moment and to suggest how you could. Ie “you’ll need to raise £1,000,000 transfer revenue” or “reduce wage bill by £500pw”

The idea being you could agree the terms with the player and then you have a few days/weeks to find the money.

At the moment you can sometimes go in with what looks like a reasonable wage budget but the game still limits what you can offer (presumably due to other ongoing contract offers) and the player will reject and refuse to speak to you again.

This way the player agrees and you have time to fix, rather than the player says no, you have time to fix but they won’t speak to you now.

Above I refer to “within certain limits” and what I mean by this is perhaps basing it on existing contracts. So if your highest earner is on£10k a week you can offer up to that amount.