best team in the competition

Nobody answered me on my last forums I hope they answer me soon :) 😃

I need a way to get the best qualified team in the competition, but taking into account both the league phase and the cup phase, do you know how to do it?

Have a look at the Sao Paulo state championship. They have a combined league stage that combines results from the group stage and cup stage. You could make something like that and then just set something up to pick the 1st placed team in that league stage.

18 minutos atrás, rusty217 disse:

Have a look at the Sao Paulo state championship. They have a combined league stage that combines results from the group stage and cup stage. You could make something like that and then just set something up to pick the 1st placed team in that league stage.

I thought about doing something like São Paulo

but there is a problem

In real life, this championship gives priority to the cup stage, so even if you were, for example, second in the general classification, if you did well in the cup stage you go ahead of the teams with more points than you.

26 minutes ago, civilEN said:

I thought about doing something like São Paulo

but there is a problem

In real life, this championship gives priority to the cup stage, so even if you were, for example, second in the general classification, if you did well in the cup stage you go ahead of the teams with more points than you.

Not sure if that applies in FM, but I more meant it as a way to look at how to transfer results to a league stage. If there's a part that prioritises cup progress, don't copy that part across. Just look at Sao Paulo as a base on how to do it and customise it to what you want. I've made a league table from cup stages without teams progressing further getting no advantage over teams with the same points that had been knocked out earlier.

2 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

Não tenho certeza se isso se aplica ao FM, mas eu quis dizer isso mais como uma forma de ver como transferir os resultados para uma fase da liga. Se houver uma parte que priorize o progresso da copa, não copie essa parte. Basta olhar São Paulo como base de como fazer e customizar do jeito que você quiser. Eu fiz uma tabela de classificação a partir das fases da copa sem que os times avançassem mais e não obtivessem vantagem sobre os times com os mesmos pontos que foram eliminados anteriormente.

Ok thanks