Youth facilities

Hi, I have a quick question. For the last two years, I haven't been able to ask my managers to increase their youth facilities. I have a lot of money and I have average youth facilities. 

A few factors involved. If your chairman/person has low ambition or youth importance (I think that's the stat) then they aren't likely to come up as options to upgrade. Also club rep plays a part. At least on FM22 it has for me. I took a bottom club in Germany from liga 3 to the top and only once I'd won the champions league and club rep went to 5 stars did my board allow me to upgrade to state of the art youth facilities. However they did allow me to get to superb quite quickly. My thing now is to try and get my second stadium built. Current one is 12 years old and 31000 and I think has reached max capacity. Board won't build a new one. Been asking for 3 years.

Edited by mdaw1985

I think one thing that is different about this year is that each club has it's own strategy and objectives.

If your club is looking to develop players through your own youth academy then that is one of their values and will listen to proposals to upgrade the training facilities. On the other hand if your clubs objectives include buying high reputation players then they would rather you spend your budget on the ready made superstars in the market.

These are the sort of factors that define the club culture and if you find it frustrating then you could always get another job or threaten to resign, much like managers do in real life.

• 2 weeks later...