Assistant Handling Contract Negotiations

Hi friends,

I got an alert that a couple of players on my team have contracts expiring. I know some players I want to resign and others that I'm free to let their contracts expire. As I got a couple of months I didn't start negotiations and instead advanced the game.

Next day, I come to find that perhaps my assistant manager offered contracts to EVERY single person that had contracts expiring. So now I resigned several players I don't need on 3 year deals... ugh.

Where in the settings would I need to change things so that the computer doesn't do contracts for me, and I handle it on my own? I tried looking everywhere on FM Mobile and can't find it.

• SI Staff

When you go on holiday (which is what I presume you did?) - there is an option in the top section which prevents this - "Do not offer any players new contracts" ... in a similar vein you might want to prevent your assistant making transfer bids etc.

image.thumb.png.2ec6b351f51c6c72ae292acea0937803.png

I didn't go on holiday I had just clicked the normal Continue in the top right corner.

Under manager options I have:

Head Coach - Me

Head of Youth Dev - Assistant

St. Louis 2 Manager - Assistant

Chief Scout - Assistant Scout

Assistant responsibilities:

- Assigns squad numbers

- Recommends Mentoring

- Offers St Louis 2 Players for Loan - All aged under 20

Could one of these options be triggering it? It was first team players too that were resigned - not the 2nd team which is under control of my assistant.

I wonder when I click 'Continue' the game is acting as if I'm on holiday? I just went in and clicked my holiday settings to not offer any players new contracts.

Embarrassing, so I think in the Dialogue saying contracts are expiring soon, there is a button that asks the Assistant to renew all those contracts for you. I guess first time around I accidentally clicked that without realizing it. When I loaded a save from a prior date and replayed the situation again I didn't touch the button and no contact renewals were offered. Crisis resolved!

• SI Staff
On 09/02/2024 at 09:53, Minnesota_Slim said:

Embarrassing, so I think in the Dialogue saying contracts are expiring soon, there is a button that asks the Assistant to renew all those contracts for you. I guess first time around I accidentally clicked that without realizing it. When I loaded a save from a prior date and replayed the situation again I didn't touch the button and no contact renewals were offered. Crisis resolved!

Sorry that happened to you - but glad you figured out the cause (and I can understand it being frustrating).