Make a player stay in a team

Grechander

I'm making a custom database with fictional teams and players, but for some reason the same exact star player of a first division team always ends up leaving to become a free agent. They even stay as a free agent without making any moves, why is this? I tried making him a fan of the club, made him captain, gave him 20 points of loyalty, even made him president as a secondary job, but he always ends up leaving as a free agent and doesn't join another club. How can I make him stay at least for a couple of seasons?

hace 7 horas, titich19 dijo:

In my experience, the only thing that 100% works is setting him on a future transfer (say, in 2040) to a random team so they are forced to stay in their team until then.

Thanks! Can they retire before the transfer goes through?

hace 16 horas, titich19 dijo:

In my experience, the only thing that 100% works is setting him on a future transfer (say, in 2040) to a random team so they are forced to stay in their team until then.

Do you have any other solutions? I tried that and the dude STILL left as a free agent, unless I somehow configured it wrong, but the little text above his price says "going to x on" and then the date, so idk what I did wrong

6 ore fa, Grechander ha scritto:

Do you have any other solutions? I tried that and the dude STILL left as a free agent, unless I somehow configured it wrong, but the little text above his price says "going to x on" and then the date, so idk what I did wrong

That's really weird, never happened to me. I'm sorry I don't have other solutions

On 17/01/2024 at 11:24, titich19 said:

Don’t you also have to set their contract to run until then? 

Set their contract to run really long, like 2040+ via the editor, then both "Will leave at end of contract" and "Moves to X on Y" (choose one) should work like a charm, at least I've never had them leave.

They'll stay at the club and they'll never ask for more money either.