[FM24] Saving Scunthorpe

Blarney

On 07/01/2024 at 13:09, Blarney said:

overallfinancialbalance.png.629ee5a850f0232e4889ae478f47047f.png

Our financial situation is not good.... not good at all.

Superb stuff, keep it going!

On the finances...yes! Nightmare! So in my ported FM23 console save (to FM24 console), I've got Scunthorpe into the championship.

The best season to rake it in was definitely league one, thanks to season ticket price rises.

But championship is very tough...wage bill starts to spiral out of control, and the finances with it. I'm at the bottom of the weekly team wagebill in the division, and that's at just over £100k/week! Forest are at £1.1m/week!!!

Still got David Hilton at club...no buyers...no stadium expansion approval...despite 98 % capacity utilisation.

[EDIT:] did get into debt and their was a cash injection of few hundred grand, but only one so far. Also loan debt to owner cleared.

Edited by The phoenix from the flames

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, The phoenix from the flames said:

Superb stuff, keep it going!

On the finances...yes! Nightmare! So in my ported FM23 console save (to FM24 console), I've got Scunthorpe into the championship.

The best season to rake it in was definitely league one, thanks to season ticket price rises.

But championship is very tough...wage bill starts to spiral out of control, and the finances with it. I'm at the bottom of the weekly team wagebill in the division, and that's at just over £100k/week! Forest are at £1.1m/week!!!

Still got David Hilton at club...no buyers...no stadium expansion approval...despite 98 % capacity utilisation.

[EDIT:] did get into debt and their was a cash injection of few hundred grand, but only one so far. Also loan debt to owner cleared.

David Hilton sucks.  I was a bit surprised when I started my save that they had updated ownership since technically Michelle didn't take over until after the season started.  But they're not putting money into the club either at this point.  I even asked for a new contract and they said they couldn't offer me one at the moment but that we'd discuss it soon.  They've turned down every ask of mine to upgrade things and obviously we're bleeding cash at the moment.

Edited by Blarney

2 hours ago, Blarney said:

David Hilton sucks.  I was a bit surprised when I started my save that they had updated ownership since technically Michelle didn't take over until after the season started.  But they're not putting money into the club either at this point.  I even asked for a new contract and they said they couldn't offer me one at the moment but that we'd discuss it soon.  They've turned down every ask of mine to upgrade things and obviously we're bleeding cash at the moment.

That's strange, surely you are A+ rating now considering you already got silverware? And they should at least reward you with a new deal?

Keep fighting, hopefully you will get that break with the board.

I really can't explain the cash injection and what triggered it. It was the same, just losing tons of cash. Then board injected, but was still several hundred grand in the red. Loan debt was about £50k/month, and couldn't really make money until that was gone, but guessing new owners sorted that :D

Also had to sell players as went along to try and offset. Maybe try and get % of transfer revenue increased when/if you have to go this route to raise finance. At least you can bring in out of contract players and sell them on for decent money, and its only short term deals.

30 minutes ago, The phoenix from the flames said:

That's strange, surely you are A+ rating now considering you already got silverware? And they should at least reward you with a new deal?

Keep fighting, hopefully you will get that break with the board.

I really can't explain the cash injection and what triggered it. It was the same, just losing tons of cash. Then board injected, but was still several hundred grand in the red. Loan debt was about £50k/month, and couldn't really make money until that was gone, but guessing new owners sorted that :D

Also had to sell players as went along to try and offset. Maybe try and get % of transfer revenue increased when/if you have to go this route to raise finance. At least you can bring in out of contract players and sell them on for decent money, and its only short term deals.

It was before this season even started I asked and was told that they couldn't do it at the moment, I don't remember exactly what they said but it came down to no but we would discuss it "shortly".  At the same time they keep telling me we can't afford new contracts for players but I think the game doesn't do a real good job of holding that word because I was able to get a few guys re-signed that needed new contracts even when the board told me I couldn't.  I also have signed a couple of free agents this year as well.  I've asked a couple of times to increase our youth rating because it's even come up in my bi-weekly meetings that it needs to come up but that's been a definite no.  I haven't "fought" it because last time I did that in another save I was summarily fired... but pretty much everything has been no at the moment.  So far I've had no luck figuring out how to pick up where I left off as it seems those files and everything associated with FM24 is gone, but it's being looked at.  So I'm not sure how I'm going to carry forward at the moment, either going back to a previous month with FM23 or just doing something else entirely and making it my last save until FM25 comes out and hoping that whatever issues that are plaguing me with this copy are gone by then because I've not had these issues before and support can't figure out what's wrong so far.  My assumption was that it was just some random bug or something I picked up with one of the "extra" files I copied because when I deleted everything I got FM24 working again... but I re-downloaded all the same stuff and it was working until just a couple of days ago and then started crashing again.

5 hours ago, Blarney said:

It was before this season even started I asked and was told that they couldn't do it at the moment, I don't remember exactly what they said but it came down to no but we would discuss it "shortly".  At the same time they keep telling me we can't afford new contracts for players but I think the game doesn't do a real good job of holding that word because I was able to get a few guys re-signed that needed new contracts even when the board told me I couldn't.  I also have signed a couple of free agents this year as well.  I've asked a couple of times to increase our youth rating because it's even come up in my bi-weekly meetings that it needs to come up but that's been a definite no.  I haven't "fought" it because last time I did that in another save I was summarily fired... but pretty much everything has been no at the moment.  So far I've had no luck figuring out how to pick up where I left off as it seems those files and everything associated with FM24 is gone, but it's being looked at.  So I'm not sure how I'm going to carry forward at the moment, either going back to a previous month with FM23 or just doing something else entirely and making it my last save until FM25 comes out and hoping that whatever issues that are plaguing me with this copy are gone by then because I've not had these issues before and support can't figure out what's wrong so far.  My assumption was that it was just some random bug or something I picked up with one of the "extra" files I copied because when I deleted everything I got FM24 working again... but I re-downloaded all the same stuff and it was working until just a couple of days ago and then started crashing again.

Yeah if mods, then maybe one of those is doing summut to the database. Hope you get it back on track.

If it is a certain date you are struggling with, then maybe holiday for a day or so to get around the crash.

I've had to log some issues on the xbox game pass console version in the bugs section. Sometimes you can find a workaround reading the posts in there.