3rd spot group stage into FIFA World League

Morgan Kane

Was wondering if anyone with more knowhow about the advanced rules could help me with this. I've made a worldwide Champions League file, and I want the teams that finish third in their group in the Champions League to go into the first knockout round of the World league (like they do in Europe). I can't even get the file to work in the advanced rules without this change. Might have to add another round in the World League for it to work, as I'd like the 3 best teams in the world league groups to advance to the knock out stages as well.

Thanks in advance, Morgan

X Worldwide Champions League.fmf

edit: oh wait, from looking at your file you aren't using the advanced rules? I can't see anything that will do what you need in the basic rules, and I built mine from the ground up in the advanced rules rather than trying to convert it

I do this in my own Worldwide CL file - it's over here in case you want to look at it in the editor - but the key is in the Qualification Rules subpage of League Settings (All Groups) in your group stage. Here are the settings you need:

image.thumb.png.bace28125272319af8b31d532a19e5f0.png

This other one is helpful for some behind-the-scenes details but may or may not be necessary:

image.thumb.png.76813d4f2a4c58b03330ded4e24d6b77.png

Hope this helps!

Edited by Dallan

Thanks!

Yes, it is still in the basic rules, I haven't been able to verify the rules even without teams dropping from Champions League to World League in the advanced rules yet. Keep getting a message about the number of teams doesn't match, even though they should. Think I played with your mod on fm22, it was a great mod! Only reason I can't play with your mod is that I just want teams from 20 nations to qualify for the tournament, as that gives fewer games which again will speed up the game. Does your version slow the game down much? Are there a lot of games for teams from the top 2o nations? (I have made kind of a clustered world league with 2o different national rules to be able to play on all continents and with every cool team I can think of)