Position/Role/Duty or Playing Position? - Individual Training

I wasn't satisfied with the game's information about these and decided to do some controlled testing for familiarity, for attribute development is impossible to control. The conclusions I'm posting here are by no means infallible and other people's tests and SI staff replies or confirmations are welcome.

Tactical Familiarity is very specific, if you change the Duty for the same Role and Position it can be different, also if you add players instructions, and even the sides of central positions might not have the same familiarity.

- There seems to be diminishing returns, if the familiarity is Awkward it will develop relatively fast, Competent slow, and Accomplished very slow. In this latter case, Match Experience is the solution, and in general it gives much faster progress than training.

- Training rating is key. Below 6 means the player is not progressing. You should aim for at least 7.

- There is some randomness in this development that I think relates to the players' preferences for role (attribute combinations) and versatility;

If you do Individual Training (IT) usind Position/Role/Duty (PRD):

- The progress is almost the same even for different playing positions and roles. If you train an AML Winger Support he will familiarize as Winger Attack and as an ML Winger;

- If you add Player Instructions in the Tactics, the progress will be slower;

- Has a higher workload than PP IT, but I didn't notice a higher progress than all PP IT Roles combined, maybe they are better for attribute development or this is just a penalty cost for training "apart" from tactics.

If you do Individual Training using Playing Position (PP):

- The player will train in the Roles assigned to the Position he most played in (can be checked in Development - Tactics - GAMES PLAYED IN POSITION) in your 3 Tactics. If you leave the IT to STC PP and have Complete Forward, Target Forward and Pressing Forward in your tactics, he will progress in those 3 roles. As stated by the manual 60% for the primary tactic and 20% for the others;

- You can acumulate progress using the same Role in all 3 tactics, in this case it seems similar to PRD progress;

- If you have more than 1 player slot in that PP (like 2 CMs), he will familiarize in the Roles of all those slots;

- You can progress slowly in Roles that have some similarity with the ones in the Tactics in the same PP;

Conclusion:
- If you use your player only in 1 Role, use PDR IT. You can still change his Position and Duty between Tactics.
- If you use your player only in 1 Position, use PP IT. You can still change his Role between Tactics and have a lighter Workload.

Edited by vcpinheiro14