issues creating regional cups

Ilici Man

So, I am having issues creating lower division regional cups. The problem comes from how the teams are selected. 

My idea is to have the bottom 3 divisions participate in 3 different cups split by regions. But the game is not drawing the teams correctly regardless of what rules I try to set up.

Before the update they did I could use "Get best teams from division" for the divisions I want and then adding the regional division I want in the rule details. 

This doesn't work anymore. The editor compiles it fine but no teams are selected in that cup anymore.

I have also tried using "Get all teams from division" and within the rule, add to the team pool all the local regions that I want participating in the cup. 

For some reason this only pulls a low number of teams in two of the 3 cups. One cup gets only 18 teams and the other something like 30 when they should both have hundreds. Way to few to be issue with former extinct teams not being considered. The third one gets a lot more though i have not checked to see if it pulls all that it should. 

I have also tried going the other way. Selecting the "Best out of local region" option and then putting in the team pool for the rule "Get all out of division" but in this case, it ignores the team pool rules and pulls teams from other divisions too. 

Right now I'm simulating the version where it pulls too few teams in the hopes that it corrects itself starting with the second season...

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or the time to look at the attached file to see if you can figure out the problem? 

oly.fmf

I believe all the region settings go by stadium location, so they all need to have a stadium set that's in that local region. Even then, getting teams that way can cause issues, someone said if you put them all under "registered teams" for that comp it should activate them but that might be too onerous depending on the number of teams. With some cups you can just uncheck "number of teams" and it will verify as if there's a lower amount of teams, but then they all show up in-game :confused:

I've already gone through them to make sure they have a local region and a regional division. adding a stadium for them would be... i'd rather have the first season with just 2 teams in the cup rather than go through that...

I'll need to check the registered teams option. if i can add them in bulk, it might work...