How to add period titles in promotion/relegation playoffs (Dutch style)?

Robby83

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a fantasy dataset with Dutch Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao). So I created 4 divisions and divided the clubs of these three countries by their reputation. For promotion I would like to create something like the first division in the Netherlands (Eerste divisie). For those who are not familiar with it I will explain:

In the Netherlands (2nd tier) clubs play 38 matches. At the end of each season, the champion and the runner-up of the Eerste Divisie are automatically promoted to the Eredivisie. Six other clubs enter the promotion/relegation playoff that includes the 16th-placed club in the Eredivisie. The following teams qualify for the Nacompetitie:

The club with the best record in the "first period" of the season (after 8 rounds).
The club with the best record in the "second period" of the season (rounds 9–16).
The club with the best record in the "third period" of the season (rounds 17–24).
The club with the best record in the "fourth period" of the season (rounds 25–32).
The two remaining spots are filled at the season's end by the highest-placed clubs that have not already earned automatic promotion or qualified for the Nacompetitie.

How can I create this in FM? I can choose between playoffs and competition for promotion relegation but I can't find where I can set the period winners during the season. I also couldn't find it in the Dutch advantage rules or I have no idea where to look. 

Does the implementation of Eerste Divisie in game works like real life? If it does, you can look into the advanced Netherlands nation rules.

Screenshot2023-11-25172145.thumb.png.d6240e3661e73b038eada3dfb03e6af2.png

I was looking into Keuken Kampioen Divisie and there are two stages in the competition, stage 0 is the double round robin (38 rounds), stage 1 is the periods. It looks like both stages are running at the same time and every period champion is sent to stage 2 playoff of the Eredivisie. Hope this helps :D.

Screenshot2023-11-25172827.thumb.png.2f9bb5187d416fb9539e8aa45a54d2cc.png

Look for "Qualification Rules" to find the clubs that are qualified for playoff in this case.

Screenshot2023-11-25172913.thumb.png.83e81b7cc68c05087cebaae5e6744d56.png

The playoff in question.

Edited by Bentfi

Oh I totally not noticed the stage 1 and 2 at advanced rules :seagull:. I couldn't find it in the stage 0 but I had to scroll down to noticed stage 1 and 2. Thanks a lot. I will dive into this and try to get this in my Dutch Antilles dataset.