Full back as a creative man

As i go into my second season in (another) la liga save, i got in my hands 2 good fbs with good passing, techinique and vision and plan on using then as some type of creative force helping in the build up and guarding the flanks. The thing is...i don't know how to setup it...

I play on a 4-3-3 and use the IW(S) to hold the width (pi Stay Wide)

So, in short, what i want is: my right FB to help more within the build up without cutting deep inside into the midfield, having the CM(S), and both CM(A) and IW(S) wide as passing options, and not being as adventurous as the WB(S/A)

A quick note, one of the fbs have "Dictates tempo" as trait and im planning to making him learn killer balls or switch ball to other flank

Is even possible to achieve that in fm23? If not, what can i do to maybe getting something similar? Im really only used to playing with overlapping wbs or iwb who don't actually work bc they're mediocre, so my experience with wbs as a whole is pretty low

Screenshot_20231122-053020_Chrome.png

Edited by hotredabyss

6 horas atrás, coach vahid disse:

Hi,

Did you try the winger role? Even with the opposite foot he'll stay wider naturally.

It will offer more space for your cm(A) and an inverted wing back(S) behind can be a real solution. Just an opinion of course...

If you want keep this setup, maybe a CWB(S)...

Yes, i did, but i want the winger to stay wide without the ball and once he receives it he gets inside

As for the CWB(S), it was my first pick but as i said, i dont want him to be too adventurous, i kinda just want him to be some kind of carrilero without bombing forward