How to force verify file (FM24)

shirtstretch

Export it to an XML, open it up and search for "verf" you should find a section like this:

<list id="verf">
    </list>

Replace that with this:

<list id="verf">
        <string value="24.0.0"/>
    </list>

Save the XML, import it back into the editor and save it (make sure not to make any more changes in the editor). The game should now recognise it as a verified file.

Il y a 19 heures, rusty217 a dit :

Export it to an XML, open it up and search for "verf" you should find a section like this:

<list id="verf">
    </list>

Replace that with this:

<list id="verf">
        <string value="24.0.0"/>
    </list>

Save the XML, import it back into the editor and save it (make sure not to make any more changes in the editor). The game should now recognise it as a verified file.

I tried this, but when I create a new game I can't select any divisions from the country. It's just blank

12 minutes ago, shirtstretch said:

I tried this, but when I create a new game I can't select any divisions from the country. It's just blank

Could be because individual division levels haven't been verified? I've only used this method for continental/international files so haven't had that issue. Although IIRC if you start a game you should still be able to add the leagues, even if you can't start the game with them. You'd miss out on the first season though.

Although if you just want to test, the Test Competitions feature in the Editor could be a better option. Lets you test everything just like in the game (just not with the in game UI) and runs significantly faster than simulating stuff in game too.

Il y a 3 heures, rusty217 a dit :

Could be because individual division levels haven't been verified? I've only used this method for continental/international files so haven't had that issue. Although IIRC if you start a game you should still be able to add the leagues, even if you can't start the game with them. You'd miss out on the first season though.

Although if you just want to test, the Test Competitions feature in the Editor could be a better option. Lets you test everything just like in the game (just not with the in game UI) and runs significantly faster than simulating stuff in game too.

what do you mean by "individual division levels"?

18 hours ago, shirtstretch said:

what do you mean by "individual division levels"?

When verifying it does divisions 1 at a time starting at the top. It probably won't let you select divisions that haven't been verified, so even if the file as a whole has been verified those are still an issue.

Out of interest, what's the error you're trying to get around anyway?

Il y a 11 heures, rusty217 a dit :

When verifying it does divisions 1 at a time starting at the top. It probably won't let you select divisions that haven't been verified, so even if the file as a whole has been verified those are still an issue.

Out of interest, what's the error you're trying to get around anyway?

Well I'm making a lower league update with some league reforms (it goes from 11 groups to 8 groups). When testing in the editor as well as in-game everything goes well, no bugs. But when I try to verify the rules, I get an "no active child competition found for [child compeititon]" error.