Director of Football Question.

Repeated post from last year, now with FM24 out:

A couple of YouTubers have started saves as DoF.  What they do is Give the AssMan all the duties of a manager and just do the duties of Scouting/Contracts.  But, it doesn't work if you hit the big clubs.  To do that simulation you would want to try to hire managers like Arteta.  But he wouldn't come as the AssMan.  Is there a way to mod the game so that you could set it up properly?  Or is that a possible future feature?  Obviously, in those teams that operate that way, the DoF has authority over the Mgr.  Is that modable?  A feature in the future?  Sort of like OOTP Baseball in GM Only mode.

And no, I don't want to use the in game editor to make Arteta my AssMan.

6 minutes ago, Ignats75 said:

Repeated post from last year, now with FM24 out:

A couple of YouTubers have started saves as DoF.  What they do is Give the AssMan all the duties of a manager and just do the duties of Scouting/Contracts.  But, it doesn't work if you hit the big clubs.  To do that simulation you would want to try to hire managers like Arteta.  But he wouldn't come as the AssMan.  Is there a way to mod the game so that you could set it up properly?  Or is that a possible future feature?  Obviously, in those teams that operate that way, the DoF has authority over the Mgr.  Is that modable?  A feature in the future?  Sort of like OOTP Baseball in GM Only mode.

And no, I don't want to use the in game editor to make Arteta my AssMan.

AFAIK you would have to use the IGE (or pre-game editor) with a 20-year contract and tick box saying he'll leave at the end of his contract - and a huge salary, and even then it would be tough to get him to stay for long.

Both DoF challenges and Academy-Only challenges are really for lower league players, I'd say.

By the way, there have been requests to make such options available in the official game for decades. The response is always "this is Football MANAGER, not Football Chairman/Director/Youth Coach"

Edited by phnompenhandy