[FM24] An Idiot Abroad - Pentagon edition

mannojunior

1logo.png.bd45c46a5c7524a9eb2a617cb99fb83a.png

2025/2026 End of Season Update (Season 3)

UP6ITMED13.png.710f127cd8b2e4d109bfdaa1df114e44.png

May-guardofhonour.png.0a80f699875a83c9333d0f45075b48fa.png

We walked out to a guard of honour away to Kaizer Chiefs in our penultimate game. 

May-finalresults.png.7e2978c9d53039b8378d940281635dbb.png

It's safe to say I think the boys had been partying hard following the title win. A shocking performance at Kaizer Chiefs was followed by a drab 1-0 loss at home to Sundowns to end the season. In reality, who cares?! We are champions!

May-finaltable.png.66c7fc26a5c9ca17c9ffd40dbd41c3d8.png

A fine season comes to and end and we sit top of the pile. A really fantastic achievement with this being our first season at the club and given the club's poor season last year. This means we enter the African Champions League next season.

Players of the Season

I simply couldn't choose one player of the season, so I chose two. First up, the main man himself, Joel Kojo.

MayKojo.thumb.png.35707c2a1b3dc8aa1a9d88d72c216717.png

What a season. Kojo had big shoes to fill following the departure of Shandre Campbell. Despite a slow start, he blew the league away and scored an incredible 28 goals in 29 appearances in the league. 

Mayrenecke.thumb.png.68ea044974830a016ccef63b247cfd35.png

Secondly, we have Waylon Renecke who joined from Norwich in the summer. He was by far our best defender and lethal from set pieces. 11 goals, 4 assists and an average rating of 7.36 from central defender. What a player!

Looking Ahead

There is a big summer ahead of us. We must now focus our attentions on winning the Champions League so that we can tick off the Africa leg of our adventure. Our rise to the top should mean that the most desirable players are interested in joining us. With plenty of contracts expiring in the summer, it gives me the chance to complete a squad clearout ready for a rather heavy transfer window. We desperately need to add quality and depth to our squad to compete in the Champions League and this will be the biggest summer window of our career so far. Add to that the fact that we will only qualify for the Champions League again the following season if we win the league. Which means we have to be competitive on all fronts next season.

Maytactic.png.52316637aaff6b9af7efa9d40182da9d.png

This will give you a flavour of where I am looking to improve next season. Methembu remains but I am almost certain to sell him this summer to get a decent fee, rather than letting him leave on a free next summer. 

Personal Development

venturo.thumb.png.81b03c829727d027e6aa467a956ea055.png

Our reputation has sky rocketed to 30% following our famous season and we are also still on course to obtain our National B licence. This is setting us up nicely for when the time comes to leave Africa and move on to our next leg.

** Please note that this was very much a Beta save and I am now going to be blogging my main save of FM24. I will be continuing with this save in the background but progress will be slower. If you are interested in my blog, you can find the introductory post here - https://libraryoffm.wordpress.com/2023/11/14/statman-dave-hunting-for-glory-prologue/