No squad selected for relegation playoff first leg match

diidzei

4 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah so you've still got a 2022 date somewhere when it should be 2000 (or 2001 if it's a fall-spring season)

very strange, its back to giving me this, which isnt logical because theres 9 months to play 20 games...

image.png

image.png

yeah its the playoff im 99 percent sure as the winners of iii liigas go into a playoff and then the 2 winners go to a promotion//relegation playoff with the teams from ii liiga ida pohi

Edited by diidzei
fix

4 hours ago, diidzei said:

ive looked through all comps relating to the iii liiga including the iii liiga super cup(iii liiga poolfinaal 1/2 and iii liiga võitja) however i cannot find any date related issues.

you should check those comps btw because they happen at the end of the season but theyre super cups so i dont entirely know if it works properly

OK, I don't think you need that setting under "other stage rules," or at least I'm unfamiliar with that usage of it. Why would the III Liga Ida be needing any fixtures from the stage of a tier above? I think it's looking for those games and not finding any so it's not finishing. I'd just set up the playoffs and then the further pro/rel playoff under the III Liga itself (the parent comp)

37 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Playoff should be under the parent comp, that seems to be how most default comps do it. What made you use that other league stage setting in the first place?

well, i just converted it from the basic rules and it worked for the other divisions 

Oh weird, I asked because I was wondering how the game would use that. Try dropping it and just qualifying the teams for a playoff (which is its own stage in the parent comp), then those teams qualify for a pro/rel playoff which can be a separate stage in the parent comp (or the one that's relegating teams. Doesn't really matter). The pro/rel playoff will need, under "requirements", the previous playoff (obviously) and will need that setting "get teams from other division" or whatever it is, if you check my Qatar file I have a pro/rel playoff that seems to work in a far simpler setup but should still translate

I'm lost as to what the actual issue is now :lol:. Advanced editor is actually intuitive as hell, the problem is you'd have to be a computer to properly intuit a lot of the functions, lol. But truthfully, 75%+ of the "bugs" people report with the PGE are just misunderstanding or missing certain functions (doesn't help when the SI staff who respond don't know either).

From those last 2 errors, I'd say the relegation playoff was missing one team because it was drawing before the lower division playoff was actually complete (so put the lower division and the stage number for that playoff in the "requirements" of the relegation playoff)

Then the 11 of 12 teams thing is probably the second season? So it didn't relegate or promote a team it was supposed to.

I wonder if you're "fixing" errors by just causing more elsewhere. Might be worth starting fresh with advanced and talking over some of the changes here

5 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm lost as to what the actual issue is now :lol:. Advanced editor is actually intuitive as hell, the problem is you'd have to be a computer to properly intuit a lot of the functions, lol. But truthfully, 75%+ of the "bugs" people report with the PGE are just misunderstanding or missing certain functions (doesn't help when the SI staff who respond don't know either).

From those last 2 errors, I'd say the relegation playoff was missing one team because it was drawing before the lower division playoff was actually complete (so put the lower division and the stage number for that playoff in the "requirements" of the relegation playoff)

Then the 11 of 12 teams thing is probably the second season? So it didn't relegate or promote a team it was supposed to.

I wonder if you're "fixing" errors by just causing more elsewhere. Might be worth starting fresh with advanced and talking over some of the changes here

ah i see that could be a possibility. ill check that later, because i think its possible my dates are messed up yes

yeah might just restart completely the advanced rules. If i just clear the rules will it be fine to work with or should i start a new database and just merge databases to get all of the leagues and teams into the database

Edited by diidzei

Merging rules seems like a disaster waiting to happen, but I don't know much about that. I think if you go back to basic it should strip away whatever advanced-only changes you've made, but again not too sure. You can copy and paste a competition format into a new saved DB if you want to go that route as well