Data-Driven Player Evaluation Guide (Feedback is most welcome)

Hello guys! I'm a game designer and a desperate FM addict. I've created a data-driven player evaluation guide to enhance the realism in your FM experience. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions to make it better.

It's totally free to use, but if you're feeling generous and want to throw a bit of support my way, I won't say no!

guidecover.png

Moneyball+Approach_+The+Data-Driven+Player+Evaluation+Guide.zip

10 saat önce, DomD said:

This is very timely for me. I'm reading Expected Goals by Rory Smith, and it made me wonder how I can use more analytics in FM. I'll give your guide a go.

That's great to hear! Given your interest in analytics from "Expected Goals", you'll find this guide aligns well. When using it, I'd suggest you hide attributes (screenshots provided below if you are unsure know how to do it) for a more immersive experience, so stats become the primary source you rely on. Since you're delving into the analytical approach, any insights or suggestions to enhance the model would be highly valued. Thank you!

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-10-21 183820.png

Do you have any screenshots of your guide in action you're open to sharing? 

I used excel to build a basic statistics tool this spring for a MLS save and it was enlightening to actually utilize the new depth of player performance data the game lets you export. Makes for a fun different way of playing the game.

4 saat önce, WhiteCat33 said:

Do you have any screenshots of your guide in action you're open to sharing? 

I used excel to build a basic statistics tool this spring for a MLS save and it was enlightening to actually utilize the new depth of player performance data the game lets you export. Makes for a fun different way of playing the game.

I'm still working on it and trying to build a model. I've correlated the attributes with stats. Excel is excellent for visualizing data, and I've looked into what you did in Road View. By the way, I use AI as a data analyst. Now that ChatGPT supports file uploads through the Advanced Data Analysis feature, I export the data to identify flaws in my performance. ChatGPT can also visualize the data you provide. The only hiccup is that the post-match report can't be exported, so it's not possible to analyze on a match-by-match basis.

file-oU18eSXe1JdCxZrOmGqzWIxf?se=2023-10-23T20%3A48%3A08Z&sp=r&sv=2021-08-06&sr=b&rscc=max-age%3D3599%2C%20immutable&rscd=attachment%3B%20filename%3D5642b161-008a-4dc2-aaeb-fa0d4bd6bb5d&sig=sA48v0nP3CLEsQYSG0RF0V7Yfa4Df5lJ6goCunvqsCM%3Dfile-TY665LzqWWgb91c2lIQrmyxK?se=2023-10-23T20%3A45%3A09Z&sp=r&sv=2021-08-06&sr=b&rscc=max-age%3D3599%2C%20immutable&rscd=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dfe615e20-0a2c-4981-982d-c61282b1bbaa&sig=7GOe12bPHWg3vLS7yDdG9wPgbHF66xxlWl8c6TlDZ0w%3DqZKptAnu76aF8c%3D

For Road View I've only really tracked Current Ability as the league level is so poor the performance statistics aren't meaningful. If you want my excel though feel free to PM I'm happy to share it. It's an unwieldy beast of a file as I built it backwards compatible instead of for office360.

AI would be very powerful if you combine player current ability with league performance especially if there is a way you could easily link team tactics. That is the data I wish was easier to get out of FM. The game has that whole team level in-league statistics, I just don't know how to export it easily.

For me I like the darkness of no attributes when I do a transfer save. For that just having conditional averages by position and then percent-ranking individual players gives easy glances at where a player excelles. Even with my Caribbean player restriction I was easily able to dominate the MLS with no attributes and picking players who performed above average in the stats i wanted. 

Edited by WhiteCat33