Trouble with Continental Competitions

owncredible

Alright, the continental competitions are already becoming a pain to work with. I'm having trouble verifying my rules when converting from basic rules to advanced rules.

I'm trying to replicate the CONCACAF Caribbean Cup with 10 total teams. 9 of those teams are from certain nations. The other 1 team is the winner of the CONCACAF Caribbean Shield, which I also have created. The file verifies just fine in Basic Rules but not in Advanced Rules. When I try to test the file, I get this error:

Screenshot2023-09-14195621.png.a937cb2421ac4793962659e165d0850d.png

It seems to not be recognizing the winner of the Caribbean Shield as one of the teams. I tried to set the fate action of the Caribbean Shield final, so the winner qualifies for the Caribbean Cup, but that didn't work. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Also, is there any way to set the nations you can choose from in the advanced rules? I find it weird that you set the nations you can choose from in the basic rules, then there's no where to see them in the advanced rules. Unless I'm missing something.

If anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, I'll just have to change my plans. Thanks.

I'm guessing it's an issue with setup date/requirements. ie. the Caribbean Cup is trying to setup before the Caribbean Shield has finished and hence there isn't yet a winner for it to pick. Either add the final stage of the Shield to the requirements of the first stage of the Cup, so it will wait until the Shield finishes before trying to setup, or just insert a setup date for the Cup that's after the Shield finishes.