Editing a cup so that it qualifies teams based on the current season's placements, rather than last season's

Gabriponte22

Hello, I've recently added a new nation (edited Ireland pre-1922) with two leagues and a cup and a "playoff" cup. However even though that playoff cup requires the two leagues and the other cup to finish before starting, it still qualifies teams from the past season rather than the current one. Which means it should be working as intended.

Therefore I'm asking if it is possible to make that playoff trophy qualify teams based on the current season, without:

• editing the league format; those playoffs should be a trophy of its own, who wins the league wins the league, who wins playoffs wins playoffs. I already tried by adding playoffs to the league as a 2nd stage and ticking "league champions are chosen through this phase" on the 1st stage (the league), but then after I simulated a test unemployed save, the league turned out having 2 champions (regular season winners + playoff winners)
  • changing the season/tournament dates: even though dates shouldn't be a big issue, winning league+cup+playoffs should be a domestic treble, winning league+cup+last season's playoffs should not
  • editing international/continental rules: for some reason they're disabled on my database (they dont show anything), and only work on a fresh database
  • Basically how it should work is: 1st division ends, champions of their leagues are crowned champions of their leagues, then the top 6 teams of that division (BASED on current season and not past) enter another tournament, winner of that tournament is the champion of that tournament. The other league (2nd division) and the other cup are left alone

Using advanced rules is also kinda troublesome as I have to delete the UEL because it keeps bugging while testing advanced rules but if everything works I'll pretty much not complain

Thanks in advance

21 ore fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Sounds like something you'd need advanced rules for. Is it set up in nation rules (same as the default leagues)? Why is UEL bugging? Your nation rules shouldn't be set up in international or continental rules

It's the "Stage 3 for UEFA Europa League can't find enough teams to be created" which occurs on the 2023-24 season. I can't edit international/continental rules and it still doesn't work even if I pull my nation out of the FAs

I might at most fix it with another database, either way how do i do it with advanced rules?