Is this the right approach?

I am in season 4 with West Ham. I have built a good team and I am currently challrnging for the Prem League and came second in the Champions league league.

I played Wolves away which is a banana skin. I saw they down the wings and get the ball into the box (data hub). I showed the players inward and 'stopped' crosses and completly outplayed them.

Next game was Blackburn in the FA Cup. They play out from the back, and play a possession game. I showed the midfileders and wingers to play out wide and pushed them outwide. I also pressed their centre backs. I outplayed them and win 1:0.

Are these two games against much weaker teams or do people do this? 

How do you play against Gengen press and direct play? 

5 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

I am in season 4 with West Ham. I have built a good team and I am currently challrnging for the Prem League and came second in the Champions league league.

I played Wolves away which is a banana skin. I saw they down the wings and get the ball into the box (data hub). I showed the players inward and 'stopped' crosses and completly outplayed them.

Next game was Blackburn in the FA Cup. They play out from the back, and play a possession game. I showed the midfileders and wingers to play out wide and pushed them outwide. I also pressed their centre backs. I outplayed them and win 1:0.

Are these two games against much weaker teams or do people do this? 

How do you play against Gengen press and direct play? 

Using the data hub to make changes for each opposition is a great addition to your management. I would also look at their individual players when you're factoring changes. If you've got a CB with 18 jumping reach and their striker has 15, you may not care that they want to cross into the box (even if it's their usual go to).

Gegenpress is reliant on you trying to play, so they can win the ball back and expose you on the turnover. So sit deep and compact and let them have the ball. When you get the ball, exploit their high line by playing very direct, into space.

2 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Thank you

Check out the pass maps you can view in matches, you can see who's passing the ball to dangerous players that you might not be able to control.

1. ie. kick the playmaker who Is running the game and going to pass the ball to the pacey winger.