FM23 ability to mimic real life tactical trends....

After having played the game since it came out in november i have to admit that i am quit desapointed in the ME ability to mimic real lif tactical trends.

When i think back on fm 21 i had a feeling that it actually matters if i ticked a instruction, and that the players would peforme as the describ role.

That is defently not the case in FM23

Inwerted wingbacks are not inwerting. They are staying way to wide. and when they finaly do inwert a little it is in the final third. Inwerted wingbacks are inwerted right away in the real world, and in fm21 they id just that.

Wingers are not staying wide, and never had. This has always been a mistery to me..... Having exstremely wide wingbacks has been a tactical trend for so long, and yet still in FM 23 wingers turn into inside fowards when they are getting close to the box. Complete destroying your widt.

No one dribbles anymore. Granted speed is still OP but not because it enables players to run pass opponent with the ball. But purely by running pass them. I really miss to see players take players on like they do in real life. Right players receive, stand still pass back og tries a long pass in behind. give me som dribbles.

DONT even get me started on pressing. It is imposible to create any kind of press because your players are so far away from the ai.

Which leads in to the problem that man marking instructions are a joke! either players are totally ignoring their man marking, or they are just standing beside them, not engaging what so ever to win the ball,

Sorry for the rant, i really hope that next year will be better.

I really don't want to be a d*ck or anything, but I actually haven't experienced one single thing mentioned in here. It all works like it should. The image is just a simple example.

Excuse me for the bad quality tho. Made a screenshot from a cropped vid.

fm.jpg

Edited by Kevinho7

3 hours ago, Hoffbeck said:

After having played the game since it came out in november i have to admit that i am quit desapointed in the ME ability to mimic real lif tactical trends.

When i think back on fm 21 i had a feeling that it actually matters if i ticked a instruction, and that the players would peforme as the describ role.

That is defently not the case in FM23

Inwerted wingbacks are not inwerting. They are staying way to wide. and when they finaly do inwert a little it is in the final third. Inwerted wingbacks are inwerted right away in the real world, and in fm21 they id just that.

Wingers are not staying wide, and never had. This has always been a mistery to me..... Having exstremely wide wingbacks has been a tactical trend for so long, and yet still in FM 23 wingers turn into inside fowards when they are getting close to the box. Complete destroying your widt.

No one dribbles anymore. Granted speed is still OP but not because it enables players to run pass opponent with the ball. But purely by running pass them. I really miss to see players take players on like they do in real life. Right players receive, stand still pass back og tries a long pass in behind. give me som dribbles.

DONT even get me started on pressing. It is imposible to create any kind of press because your players are so far away from the ai.

Which leads in to the problem that man marking instructions are a joke! either players are totally ignoring their man marking, or they are just standing beside them, not engaging what so ever to win the ball,

Sorry for the rant, i really hope that next year will be better.

At least some of these are issues on your end I think. For example: IWB not inverting is due to a player not providing width in front of them, in which case the IWB will stay wide. Playing a Left footed IWB on the right and vice versa will also encourage inverting. 

The ME changed a lot from FM22-FM23, gegenpressing all the time isn't the cure all to your tactic anymore. You'll need to manage your press and squad if you want to execute one. 

Opposition instructions take into account your players ability/tendency to carry them out and the oppositions ability to avoid letting you do so. They're not going to work all the time for you, esp w/out the right circumstances/personal. 

Edited by Cloud9