Recruitment Focus - how they (don't?) work

Quick question, hoping someone can shed a little light on the matter... When setting up a Recruitment Focus, you can select the Contract Status under 'Further Details'. I've used this to set up a Recruitment Focus on South America, only focusing on Contract Status 'Expiring (6 Months)'. So far, so good. Now I would like to combine this with a Recruitment Focus on South America looking at Contract Status 'Expired'. Here comes the question: can I just add the additional status to the same Recruitment Focus?

I would like to think this is possible as it reflects what you could do in real life (tell your scout to look for out of contract players and players with less than 6 months on their contract), but my Recruitment Focus gets no results. I think this is because the game doesn't allow this, as you can't select 'Or' when picking the Contract Status, you can only select 'Is' or 'Is Not'. Therefore, combining the two would have the scout searching for a combination that doesn't exist (a player without a contract but also with a contract expiring in 6 months or less), thus automatically giving no results.

This would mean I would have to set up an additional Recruitment Focus for the same Scout with all the same criteria (I have more than just the Contract Status)? This would mean a huge amount of extra work (to be repeated every time you switch clubs as you can't save Recruitment Focuses), whilst it sounds like something that should be easily possible, but isn't...

Can someone give some more background / confirmation / experience?