Wrong clubs and/or placements in the Past Winners tab

owncredible

I was doing some tests with my USA database when I noticed an issue with my Past Winners tab*. Although I know what is occurring with this issue, I am unsure of how to fix it. It is taking the top 3 teams from my stage 0 (regular season) and stating those are the winner, runner-up, and third place teams. That may not seem like an issue; however, that is not the way that my leagues are set up, so I need help adjusting this. Let me explain how I have mine set up and what I am expecting the Past Winners tab to show:

Three of my leagues each have two promotion slots. One of those slots is for the champion (the club with the most points) in stage 0 (the regular season). The other slot is determined by a promotion playoff, which is stage 1 (to clarify, this playoff is not between the three leagues. Each league has their own playoff). What I want the Past Winners tab to show is the Winner = champion, the Runner-Up = club that won the promotion playoff Final, and Third Place = club that lost the promotion playoff Final. I just don't know how to get it to combine the Stage 0 and Stage 1 results.

To give additional information, I have not messed with the Ranking Levels as I wasn't sure if it was necessary. If it is, please let me know. I can also send my file via message if it's easier for someone to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance! *Pictures attached to post for reference.

standings1.png

standings2.png

Ranking levels should work, first place in the league gets 0 (league champion), second place gets highest = 1 and lowest = whatever the lowest ranking they can end up with after everything's done. I guess that might be 5th overall? So 4 would be the joint ranking for the quarterfinal losers (3 is semi losers, 2 is promotion playoff loser, 1 is promotion playoff winner)? Then in the promotion playoff the final would have winner = 1, loser = 2, etc. Semis would have winner highest = 1, winner lowest = 2, etc

On 15/08/2023 at 03:01, themodelcitizen said:

Ranking levels should work, first place in the league gets 0 (league champion), second place gets highest = 1 and lowest = whatever the lowest ranking they can end up with after everything's done. I guess that might be 5th overall? So 4 would be the joint ranking for the quarterfinal losers (3 is semi losers, 2 is promotion playoff loser, 1 is promotion playoff winner)? Then in the promotion playoff the final would have winner = 1, loser = 2, etc. Semis would have winner highest = 1, winner lowest = 2, etc

On 15/08/2023 at 03:02, themodelcitizen said:

Then you might have to use the stage flag "use playoff rankings" in the league

Alright, I’ll try that and see if it works. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Tried this, but it didn't seem to work for me. No big deal, though, as it's just a minor thing.

Edited by owncredible

In the file I am using right now for the Brazilian Lower Leagues, there were a couple of competitions where I had to use the "add History" option and literally tell the game what team in what stage to consider the winner.

3 hours ago, Reiver said:

In the file I am using right now for the Brazilian Lower Leagues, there were a couple of competitions where I had to use the "add History" option and literally tell the game what team in what stage to consider the winner.

That's always a backup option but not recommended, usually means an issue with ranking levels. The game doesn't actually "know" who's winning the competition if you have to add history like that, so AFAIK no trophy presentation, no pre-match news items about the big final, etc

5 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's always a backup option but not recommended, usually means an issue with ranking levels. The game doesn't actually "know" who's winning the competition if you have to add history like that, so AFAIK no trophy presentation, no pre-match news items about the big final, etc

One of the state leagues did the opposite of what you'd expect even, and recorded each win twice in the records.

Lol, that's annoying, I've seen that before as well. Can't recall what the issue was but there was a redundant entry somewhere, like there was a stage finished action or something like that telling the competition that the final winner was the champion, but it wasn't complex enough to require that so it showed up twice