Competition help

GrahamS

I've created 5 competitions using a league system like the new champions league - I've done everything correct except I don't know how to do the teams

in the 1st competition I want the the premier league and 16 teams from the championship 

in the 2nd competition I want the 8 teams from the championship not in the 1st competitions - all teams from league 1, and 4 from league 2

anyone know how to do the championship so I have 16 in the 1st competition and the other 8 in the 2nd comp

the other 3 competitions are like this but if I get the 1st 2 right - I should be able to easily do the rest 

"get best teams in competition" or "from division" (last season's standings) for Champo, set to max 16 teams. For the 2nd competition, also include that entry but check the boxes for "ignore teams". This is telling it to ignore those top 16 teams in all following instructions. So after that just use the same instruction (without checking "ignore teams" this time) and set max teams to 8

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

"get best teams in competition" or "from division" (last season's standings) for Champo, set to max 16 teams. For the 2nd competition, also include that entry but check the boxes for "ignore teams". This is telling it to ignore those top 16 teams in all following instructions. So after that just use the same instruction (without checking "ignore teams" this time) and set max teams to 8

Thanks @themodelcitizen I'll try this 

I did make the comp using teams from each of the 8 leagues and random teams from a 8 or more European leagues 

I do have issue with qualification though from the league phase to the knockouts 

it runs like the champions league will do from next season -

36 in the league and a team plays 8 games 4 at home and 4 a way - this is working fine 

it's when you get to the knockouts - so the top 8 goes through to the round of 16 and 9-24 goes goes to the knockout round 

I've set it up like in the champions league with a top play off of 16 teams going through to the knockout round

on qualified teams I have the top 8 going to the round of 16 

when I go into game it seems to work ok until you look into the games

on the rules it says 1-8 goes to the round of 16 and 9-24 goes to the knockout round 

it's only I found by accident that 1-16 seem to go to the knockout round and 17-24 go to the round of 16 - complete opposite from the rules!

can you help me with this as well?

I'm in the middle of testing with the skip teams with fate checked for top playoff - I doubt this will be any good but need to try everything

It's literally reversed? Then try in that stage under Stage/General to check the box for "reverse teams" under the stage settings.

Or if that fails, go under "teams" and make sure the teams you want coming in earlier are in the first entry ("get qualified teams" with the earlier stage blah blah blah). Check that same box as above for "reverse teams?". Further down check "team list changes" and make an entry with the range for the entire number of teams (1 is 0, so if it's 24 teams, "start index" is 0 and "end index" is 23). Check the new box here for "reverse teams"

so that worked thanks @themodelcitizen 

i have another issue with something else im working on

im trying to change the world cup into a 36 team league phase like the champions league using a 40 team editor i downloaded online but i have a error with the end 

the Quarter finals go to the semi finals 

the semi finals winners go to the third place playoff and losers go to the semi finals

I'm just wondering can you look at the file and see why the semi finals winners are not progressing to the final and losers to 3rd place playoff and what other issues there are

thanks for any help

Screenshot 2023-08-04 013416.png

world cup use me.fmf

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Under round settings, scroll down a bit and it's there. All the rounds are in the same stage?

yes they are all the same stage, ill look in round settings.

however i started a database which i have no intention of using - i just wanted to create a comp with the same number of rounds and most things same - 

i copied the league rankings which i couldnt work out and i noticed all stages were separate which is what i was going to do with my file

Rounds within the same stage are cleaner. Easier to work out who ends up where and deal with rankings, scheduling etc all in one place. You also get the "tree" for knockout rounds which people obviously want in-game.

Separtae stages for each round are merited sometimes though when you want a fate action to take place immediately after a round, or another stage somewhere else to be able to start with winners/losers from that round (separate from the present competition) so it has that stage under "requirements"

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Rounds within the same stage are cleaner. Easier to work out who ends up where and deal with rankings, scheduling etc all in one place. You also get the "tree" for knockout rounds which people obviously want in-game.

Separtae stages for each round are merited sometimes though when you want a fate action to take place immediately after a round, or another stage somewhere else to be able to start with winners/losers from that round (separate from the present competition) so it has that stage under "requirements"

thanks - i think i found the issues - i loaded up the cup i created to copy rules on fm22 editor and i found a few issues with rankings which ive created

if i want the winner of the world cup to qualify for the next world cup what do i put under fate actions for the final and qualified teams for the 1st round and qualified teams down the bottom of the rules? if this aint possibke i wont do this

Just use "get last winner" for "World Cup" in either "teams" in stage settings or "qualified teams" further down, you don't need both, if you end up using "qualified teams" at the bottom then under "teams" in stage settings just put "get lowest seeded qualified teams". Then if you're redoing qualifying you can tell it to ignore the "get last winner" team and have it flexible enough to accommodate having 1 to 2 less teams (winner and host)

ok updated @themodelcitizen

i have edited the qualifications to ignore the last comp winner of the world cup

taken out the 2nd round and playoff for European teams and replaced with a league system so i have 44 qualifiers for the qualification rounds 

the top 16 of each group will then join the hosts, last comp winner and up to 2 17th place sides in the main comp

it verifys ok (but as this goes to 2025 it only tells me qualification is ok) ive tested in 2 ways 

in game - the 2022 world cup winner still has to go through qualification for the world cup- group stage dont start 

in the editor test which I've extended the test to 2027 i get the below 2 messages which im confused about - i had 3 dates for stage 0 of world cup but ive taken down to 2 (which it should be but still get message)

can you help me again please file attached

Screenshot 2023-08-06 234937.png

Screenshot 2023-08-06 235703.png

CUP DE MONDE 3.fmf

Edited by GrahamS
new info

I have resolved the custom fixture plan issue 

still the ranking issue remain 

in game the last competition winner still has to qualify but I need to try something I've learnt - if you ignore teams it ignores this rule of there are not enough teams, so I need to change the teams that qualify as min

The new league phase for the euro qualifiers don't work so has to change something in game

new issue it says only 6 teams qualify for the 2nd round of the World Cup (league phase)