Cannot adjust wage budget to pay agent/signing on fees

Hi all, I may playing FM23 on PC and just started my 4th season with Kalamata in Greek Superleague after finally getting promoted at end of 3rd season. 

my bank balance is about -€1.3million and I was given a transfer budget of -€350k and a wage budget of €2.8 million (of which I am currently spending €900k on existing wages). 

on the basis of €1.9million capacity in wage budget I tried to sign the following 3 players, all of which did not have the traditional “Adjust Budget” option to carry through the transfer:

-Ibrahimovic ‘ son on free transfer with high wage (€300k) and sign-in bonus and agent fee.

-Free Greek defender with small sign-in bonus of €5k and agent fee of €2k - wage offered was approximately €65k.

-Backup GK where I bid €10k to the team and gave low annual wage to player of €50k.

All of the 3 above transfers could not be completed as I do not have enough budget. I can only sign free transfer players if the sign-on fee and agent fee are both €0, which limits the options substantially.

I am a long-time player and wanted to check if this is something someone has encountered before. I appreciate the team finances are insecure but the inability to use the flexibility of my large wage budget for sign-on fees, agent fees and small fees to clubs is ruining my ability to prepare a team!

With €1.9m available for wages and signing young/squad/backup players where I am offering annual wages of approximately €60k-120k, should offer me enough spare cash to make 1 or 2 big signings (like Ibrahimovic as a free transfer) but I am unfortunately not able to do so. 

I can post screenshots of finances, budget etc. when I am back home if required but would appreciate any insight from this valuable community. Thank you!