[Suggestion]Remove double negative sentences in 'staff tendency'

Dr. Alessio Q.H.

As is shown in the pic, in current game, there are 'tends to' and 'tends not to' in staff profiles.image.png.ca8d7e0b8a760b5969f1d06c5984dadd.png

However, some descriptions of them seems a bit complicated, especially in 'tends not to'. Sometimes we can read some negative phrases in this item but 'tends not to' itself is a part of negative sentences. It actually is a double negative sentence.

For example. in the profile of Vladimir Petkovic, there are 2 negative phrases in 'tends not to'. 'Operate without...' is the easier one to understand because of 'without', but 'doesn't use' is quite weird. If you want to get the correct meaning, you should transform double negatives to affirmative sentence.

I'm not a native speaker of English so I don't know how it influence to English user, but in my language (Chinese version) it is more horrible (at least for me). Almost all of similar phrases are translated as '不' in Chinese which equals to 'not'.

I believe change these double negative sentences in 'tends not to' to affirmative sentences in 'tends to' could be better and more concise.

I agree with this. I assume it is because the game is just doing a query of a list and then transposing that in to either the 'Tends to' or 'Tends not no' part of the profile screen.

Tends not to operate with out an assistant manager is fine for me because that tells me they always appointment an assistant manager (although I'm not sure what that tells me as a tendency!).

The second one is more problematic for me

"Tends not to 'doesn't use analysts'" ... Does this mean that they "tend not to use analysts" or that they "tend not to not use analysts" meaning that they do use analysts.

In the grand scheme of things it's minor but it does mildly annoy me when I notice it!

在 2023/6/3 在 PM7点13分, MaskedReferee说:

The second one is more problematic for me

"Tends not to 'doesn't use analysts'" ... Does this mean that they "tend not to use analysts" or that they "tend not to not use analysts" meaning that they do use analysts.

In the grand scheme of things it's minor but it does mildly annoy me when I notice it!

yesss that is also my reaction to the second one!

I also found that it seems quite easier to understand in English of the 'without...' because it doesn't have direct negative structure such as 'no' or 'not'.

But in my language version it becomes a disaster. They all read like the second one. I think it's not only all about translation, but also game logics.

• 1 month later...