Coufused by the U21 leagues in England

I seldom played a English team before but I am really confused by the rules of U21 leagues.

As is shown in this pic, I am the manager of Blackburn and my U21 team played in Division 1 in my first year.

image.thumb.png.6dbf7776ef7ddf229ba88874ad21819f.png

In the second year, my team won promotion to Premier League but my U21 team was invited to play in Division 2.

image.thumb.png.8fe0749f8bf7104c46b8ec6e77d4823d.png

The third year comes, my U21 team was invited to play in PDL.

image.thumb.png.abc79a6154bcb99705ffb732f0bd2a5e.png

What confused me is the my U21 team won the champion of Division 2 but they was 'relegated'. I don't know how it operates very well so I need your help. Is it normal or a bug? Or I shouldn't accept the invitation in the pre-season?

I hope you can understand me because my English is not very well. Thanks! 

Edited by Dr. Alessio Q.H.
complement

So the way the Premier League 2 (PL2) works is that Category 1 academies (i.e. academies that achieve the highest rating of training offered to you players) compete across 2 divisions with promotion and relegation between the two. It works like a normal league so I'm not sure why you moved from Division 1 in to Division 2.

The Professional Development League (PDL) is for Category 2 and Category 3 academies. What has likely happened here is that in the summer your academy had it's grading reduced because the facilities were no longer rated in the best category. This happens most seasons in IRL with teams being reclassified (Reading moved from the PL2 to the PDL last summer as they reduced the spending on their academy) while Sunderland moved into the PL2 as they invested in their facilities.

In game, you probably received a news item in June telling you your academy had been reclassified from 1 to 2 which is why you were invited to the PDL not PL2 despite finishing top of the league last year. You can get back to PL2 by asking your board to invest in youth facilities

It happens to me at the beginning of a long turn save when I haven't had time or money to upgrade my facilities and they fall below the required standard.

I usually win Premier league 2 Div 1 only to get relegated to Premier League 2 Div 2, the same happens to my U18's.

Keep an eye on Board Requests and upgrade everything you can

12 小时前, MaskedReferee说:

So the way the Premier League 2 (PL2) works is that Category 1 academies (i.e. academies that achieve the highest rating of training offered to you players) compete across 2 divisions with promotion and relegation between the two. It works like a normal league so I'm not sure why you moved from Division 1 in to Division 2.

The Professional Development League (PDL) is for Category 2 and Category 3 academies. What has likely happened here is that in the summer your academy had it's grading reduced because the facilities were no longer rated in the best category. This happens most seasons in IRL with teams being reclassified (Reading moved from the PL2 to the PDL last summer as they reduced the spending on their academy) while Sunderland moved into the PL2 as they invested in their facilities.

In game, you probably received a news item in June telling you your academy had been reclassified from 1 to 2 which is why you were invited to the PDL not PL2 despite finishing top of the league last year. You can get back to PL2 by asking your board to invest in youth facilities

12 小时前, starbugg说:

It happens to me at the beginning of a long turn save when I haven't had time or money to upgrade my facilities and they fall below the required standard.

I usually win Premier league 2 Div 1 only to get relegated to Premier League 2 Div 2, the same happens to my U18's.

Keep an eye on Board Requests and upgrade everything you can

ahh thanks for your remind

i recalled last summer that i received a email my academy was reclassified from 1 to 2 and i ask the board to upgrade it this summer

maybe my team can promote to pl2 again next season

THANKS!!