German Cup Final Stats

The most frustrating game of the season so far - players literally missing open goals. Surely there must be something code-wise being applied to this so that I don't run away with a cup final victory? A last minute penalty from nowhere too, come on SI, be honest with me please?

image.png.0c79d04cd11df5324eefe4040696434e.png

Their clearcut chance was the 93rd minute penalty:

image.png.7daecb8381941c03f849aef8548866e5.png

You've left out a very important statistic - blocked shots. It looks like it may have been 9 blocked shots.

4a1b211edb2aa4a771359acb970bf7e3.jpg

This was a 0.21 xG chance for me, but it was hit straight at the defender blocking it. I've had much worse examples. This makes my xG look better than what it actually is. The fact is that I didn't create enough space and that was a tactical issue. Now, if I do create actual good chances and not scoring, I will be looking at who the chances well to whether it was down to an attribute, body language or possible inconsistency etc to try and find the issue. I can always find an explanation if I look hard enough.

Well then there's no point in discussing the topic, tbh. I have taken the time offer you possible reasons, but if you're just simply going to dismiss it without even considering it, it stops the discussion dead in its tracks. Despite the possibility of many factors affecting things, especially in a cup final, you're again resorting to scripting or hocus pocus claims. It's not only incorrect (as the game isn't scripted in the way you suggest), but I really think you'll enjoy the game more if you realise you're have control to influence than you think!

• HUNT3R locked this topic