What's going on with playing time?

Is this a severe bug in FM, or am I missing anything? I have a player at my club who has made a decent amount of starts and substitute appearances. I would think he's a Squad player, or at a minimum an Impact sub or Fringe player. But he's listed as a 'Youngster' in terms of actual playing time? It's February and the league started in September.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 20.32.24.png

Edited by FelixForte

Needs to start 75% of games and play(?) 60+ mins.

Most of his appearances have been from the bench and you have promised (as he expecting) to be challenging for places.  He ain't challenging on the bench.

Long-standing issue in FM (I keep saying this about things it seems lol)..solution, don't offer promises.

Edited by Maviarab

I mean, in this case it's not because of a promise.  You have to agree to playing time when you offer a contract; either you offer them something or you don't have a contract.

This problem really drives me nuts when you play in leagues that have two games a week, in which it would be physically impossible for the players to play in 75% of matches or whatever the limit is.

And, as noted in this post, it's really infuriating when players get upset when they are receiving the exact amount of game time that was originally agreed to.

However, I think that something else might be going on.  I recently sold a few toxic players on my squad, and suddenly the complaints went away.  It might be that one or two bad apples were spoiling the bunch.  This is why Professionalism is so important.

Edited by Daniel Evensen
Removed an extraneous word