Is there a way to qualify teams for a main division?

rmpMarko

Hi all, 

I am just checking If someone has any idea on the best way to work My league. 

Im currently doing Bhutan with their real rules and their league system works in this way:

10 teams play a qualifying league (which is sort a second division) from june to end of july. First 6 qualify for main league in the same year that goes from august to january. These 6 teams are added to the top 5 from preavious year and together the 11 teams play the premier league.

The First 4 Will qualify for the main premier league next year and The last 6 in premier league Will play automatically the qualifying league the next year with the 4 teams that did not qualify year before (possibly there are relegations here too with regionals divisions that works same way and starts in March and regionale teams qualify for the qualifying league but im doing one thing at time so no relegations at present) 

So i can 't set up the qualifying league as a division because i need the teams to go in premier league in the same year. So, i set it up as a Cup. But the problem is that i don t think there is a way to qualify teams for a division. 

My other option thought before sleep was to set up the main division as a Cup too. 

I Will upload My file this evening but just trying to see If anyone has any ideas or thoughts. I was having a ranking levels problem in My last check and im more familiar with them in cups rather then league. 

Possibly. Probably a few ways you could do it actually. I think it might be better to have it all as one division though due to the way the game assigns teams to divisions. In that case you'd have a setup something like this:

Stage 0 would be your qualifying league. Relegate teams as needed from that to the regional leagues and have the top 6 qualify for Stage 1. The Teams page should have two entries. You should have an entry for Get Qualified Teams  Seeding = 0 and tick the Ignore Teams box. And an entry for Get Teams from Division.

Then Stage 1 is your actual premier league. The teams setup should be Get Qualified Teams  Seeding = 0 and Get Qualified Teams From Stage (for the Stage 0 teams). Add an additional fate action at the end that qualifies the top 5 teams for the Premier League (make sure the For This Year box is unticked) and assign them the seeding 0. That should ensure they skip the qualifying league the next year. If qualifying them for the league doesn't work, you could always qualify them for some dummy competition instead and just change the Get Qualified Teams instructions to reference that competition too. Then it would still know to exclude those teams from Stage 0 but add them into Stage 1.

For the first season you'll probably need to put in custom instructions for which teams to put where since it won't have any qualifications yet, it'd just be for that 1 season though.

There's also the option of using a secondary competition for the qualifying league if you want it to record its own history and have a recorded winner too.

Not 100% sure obviously, but I imagine that would all work.

12 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Possibly. Probably a few ways you could do it actually. I think it might be better to have it all as one division though due to the way the game assigns teams to divisions. In that case you'd have a setup something like this:

Stage 0 would be your qualifying league. Relegate teams as needed from that to the regional leagues and have the top 6 qualify for Stage 1. The Teams page should have two entries. You should have an entry for Get Qualified Teams  Seeding = 0 and tick the Ignore Teams box. And an entry for Get Teams from Division.

Then Stage 1 is your actual premier league. The teams setup should be Get Qualified Teams  Seeding = 0 and Get Qualified Teams From Stage (for the Stage 0 teams). Add an additional fate action at the end that qualifies the top 5 teams for the Premier League (make sure the For This Year box is unticked) and assign them the seeding 0. That should ensure they skip the qualifying league the next year. If qualifying them for the league doesn't work, you could always qualify them for some dummy competition instead and just change the Get Qualified Teams instructions to reference that competition too. Then it would still know to exclude those teams from Stage 0 but add them into Stage 1.

For the first season you'll probably need to put in custom instructions for which teams to put where since it won't have any qualifications yet, it'd just be for that 1 season though.

There's also the option of using a secondary competition for the qualifying league if you want it to record its own history and have a recorded winner too.

Thanks Will give it a go. Yes for First season i used anyway a team pool to assign teams! 

Could you explain to me this last part of storying the qualifying league using secondary division?

I think it s actually a good idea to get stages Like this. Ideally If i want to add regional divisions that would become a problem by i can try this First.

12 hours ago, rusty217 said:

@rusty217 I tried but it's not going well. first year with team pools is fine (apart from the fact that the 4 teams starting later in stage1 do not have a valid squad selection so at present I have eliminated that to solve everything else. PLEASE SEE BHUTAN 1.2

I tried to get to second year however it's giving me ranking levels error and I believe others as well with this league system.. PLEASE SEE BHUTAN 1.3

If you could have a look when you have time Id be very grateful.

Bhutan1.2.fmf Bhutan1.3.fmf

3 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

@rusty217 I tried but it's not going well. first year with team pools is fine (apart from the fact that the 4 teams starting later in stage1 do not have a valid squad selection so at present I have eliminated that to solve everything else. PLEASE SEE BHUTAN 1.2

I tried to get to second year however it's giving me ranking levels error and I believe others as well with this league system.. PLEASE SEE BHUTAN 1.3

If you could have a look when you have time Id be very grateful.

Bhutan1.2.fmf 18.1 kB · 1 download Bhutan1.3.fmf 18.36 kB · 0 downloads

I hate squad selections. They're a pain in the butt to get working.

To get them working I'd suggest this:

Firstly, they need a squad selection value, eg. Domestic Division, like this

20230125141326_1.thumb.jpg.851d91fc0f1ad70a0bdffd925ad158d0.jpg

Then in Squad Registration Periods tick the transfer windows box at the top and put in a 0 (since this is for Division 0), like this

20230125141105_1.thumb.jpg.7970478642e91a6689fa6348e32dacad.jpg

Then you need to fix your transfer windows. For starters they're in the wrong order, the earliest one needs to come first (a common cause of squad registration issues is the mid-season transfer window being listed first), they're also for the wrong year. Your base year is 2000, so the transfer windows need to be set for 2000 too. Being set for 2001 would mean the year after the current season, eg. if it's the 2023 season then your transfer windows would be in 2024. it should look like this

20230125141158_1.thumb.jpg.7b04407994d09d90174a7ed48682bc70.jpg

You also need to tick the Use For Squad Selection Window box to finish linking them with the squad registrations, like this

20230125141255_1.thumb.jpg.fed2b0e84bda8fa291e01fb3a8cb5c84.jpg

That should get your squad registrations working. There's a transfer window just before the championship league starts so even the teams that start there should be fine. I've only tested in the editor though and squad errors aren't apparent there, worth checking to make sure it works correctly in game too. Also, just in case I'd suggest adding some kind of exemption to the squad selection rules like this

20230125142354_1.thumb.jpg.1717fe4465d6093498796fad6342df0b.jpg

Some kind of option there will allow that type of player to play even if they're not registered, so even if squad registration issues do still happen, clubs won't be completely screwed by it.

As for ranking levels, you've done the Ranking Level Info part, which tells the game what each ranking level means, but you haven't set up the part that assigns teams to ranking levels. For the current setup you'd need to add something like this to the qualifying round

20230125140820_1.thumb.jpg.de5275d35eb47621473223e3f2be4934.jpg

And this to the championship round

20230125140701_1.thumb.jpg.a2ae1d9c023ca629cf012a4ecd90d9dc.jpg

You could expand it to use more than just 4 rankings if you wanted, you have 15 teams total so you could use up to 15 separate rankings, although any changes on the Ranking Levels for the stages would need to be reflected on the Ranking Levels Info page too. They both need to perfectly match each other to work.

These ranking levels need to be copied over to the 2023 version too.

Looks like the qualification to the championship stage works correctly though, that's good. Although I'd recommend ticking the Remove Picked Qualified Teams box when getting them in Stage 1 (not Stage 0 though)

20230125142012_1.thumb.jpg.528869405e46c7d8044ba783254d8a90.jpg

That will remove them from the qualified teams list. Doesn't look to be an issue here, but it's better to get the teams of the list ready for the new ones being added for the next season than risk the list just being added to or something.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I hate squad selections. They're a pain in the butt to get working.

To get them working I'd suggest this:

Firstly, they need a squad selection value, eg. Domestic Division, like this

20230125141326_1.thumb.jpg.851d91fc0f1ad70a0bdffd925ad158d0.jpg

Then in Squad Registration Periods tick the transfer windows box at the top and put in a 0 (since this is for Division 0), like this

20230125141105_1.thumb.jpg.7970478642e91a6689fa6348e32dacad.jpg

Then you need to fix your transfer windows. For starters they're in the wrong order, the earliest one needs to come first (a common cause of squad registration issues is the mid-season transfer window being listed first), they're also for the wrong year. Your base year is 2000, so the transfer windows need to be set for 2000 too. Being set for 2001 would mean the year after the current season, eg. if it's the 2023 season then your transfer windows would be in 2024. it should look like this

20230125141158_1.thumb.jpg.7b04407994d09d90174a7ed48682bc70.jpg

You also need to tick the Use For Squad Selection Window box to finish linking them with the squad registrations, like this

20230125141255_1.thumb.jpg.fed2b0e84bda8fa291e01fb3a8cb5c84.jpg

That should get your squad registrations working. There's a transfer window just before the championship league starts so even the teams that start there should be fine. I've only tested in the editor though and squad errors aren't apparent there, worth checking to make sure it works correctly in game too. Also, just in case I'd suggest adding some kind of exemption to the squad selection rules like this

20230125142354_1.thumb.jpg.1717fe4465d6093498796fad6342df0b.jpg

Some kind of option there will allow that type of player to play even if they're not registered, so even if squad registration issues do still happen, clubs won't be completely screwed by it.

As for ranking levels, you've done the Ranking Level Info part, which tells the game what each ranking level means, but you haven't set up the part that assigns teams to ranking levels. For the current setup you'd need to add something like this to the qualifying round

20230125140820_1.thumb.jpg.de5275d35eb47621473223e3f2be4934.jpg

And this to the championship round

20230125140701_1.thumb.jpg.a2ae1d9c023ca629cf012a4ecd90d9dc.jpg

You could expand it to use more than just 4 rankings if you wanted, you have 15 teams total so you could use up to 15 separate rankings, although any changes on the Ranking Levels for the stages would need to be reflected on the Ranking Levels Info page too. They both need to perfectly match each other to work.

These ranking levels need to be copied over to the 2023 version too.

Looks like the qualification to the championship stage works correctly though, that's good. Although I'd recommend ticking the Remove Picked Qualified Teams box when getting them in Stage 1 (not Stage 0 though)

20230125142012_1.thumb.jpg.528869405e46c7d8044ba783254d8a90.jpg

That will remove them from the qualified teams list. Doesn't look to be an issue here, but it's better to get the teams of the list ready for the new ones being added for the next season than risk the list just being added to or something.

Thanks Will try these suggestions! 

I have unlocked nearly every country in Asia so squad selection never been an issue. Also i did What u put there but will give it another try maybe i forgot something. 

I put 2001 as i thought second transfer window comes anyway following february which is anyway the year after. 

Rankings are selected because i have it a try but couldn t work them.. But they were very different from mine so Will fix them for sure. I used them few Times in cups but never in a league. 

Thanks for looking at the file so rapidly!