Increase or decrease number of teams playing in a league over time

falonso

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a database in which the amount of teams in certain leagues change over time. So what I want is that the Dutch Eredivisie starts out with 18 teams (as it does in real life) but then changes to 20 teams after a couple of seasons. I've been trying to get this to work but I keep getting the same error every time. 
To test if it's possible, I've created rules for the Eredivisie to contain 18 clubs in the first season and 20 in the second season. I've done the opposite for the Keuken Kampioen Divisie (second level), so it basically means that the amount of teams in those leagues just switches around.

Once I get this to work, I want to do similar things to other levels. I want the second level to contain 24 teams and after a couple of years I want the Eredivisie to contain 20 teams instead of the original 18. But since I can't get this to work, I haven't been trying to do that as of now. Can anyone help me out? I've attached the file I'm working in right now. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Nederland advanced 2.fmf

20230103102332_1.thumb.jpg.2b7f3d9f6130fb725e792712f904f6f3.jpg

You need to set the Number of extra lower division teams to be promoted.

It's just to tell the game that there's a difference between teams relegated from this division to the number promoted into it. A positive number if you're increasing the number of teams, and a negative number if you're decreasing. eg. 3 relegated from the league and 5 promoted into it = 2 extra teams. 4 relegated from, and 3 promoted into = -1 extra team.

This is only in relation to the league below it, if only your top two leagues are changing that season then you'd only need to set the instruction for the top division. If the 2nd division is staying with the same number of teams because it's also getting extra teams from the 3rd tier then you'd need to set the Extra Teams there too.