Squad numbers blocking squad selection in international comps?

themodelcitizen

Anyone seen this? Game asking for squad numbers the day before squad selection, blocks you from progressing (unless you holiday one day) as there's no squad yet to pick from. I've tried unchecking all the boxes for squad numbers in squad selection, done the "squad selection value" for "national team", etc. Still no dice

EDIT: posted a bug, but the error message is "not in any competition that needs assigning numbers." This is the case even if various "fixture rules" regarding shirt numbers are checked and unchecked, and remains this way (see below screenshot) even if the competition under "players" is instructed not to ask for shirt numbers until the day before the competition: (squad announcement is 2 days)

EDIT 2: I got it, you just need to have it so the national team call-ups happen 3+ days before the comp kicks off. I *think* the option for 2 days used to work, but anyway this works fine too. This was the issue, when you pick 2 days the game still wants to get squad numbers 3 days ahead of time:

Spoiler

screenie`1.png

Edited by themodelcitizen