Got Big Sur on Macbook Pro 11 - should it run FM23 now in theory?

• SI Staff

I assume you used some trickery to install it as that device isn't officially supported by Big Sur as far as I can tell?

The game should launch but we couldn't offer any guarantees if its an unsupported configuration.

I bought the game and then realised my machine was unsupported so I used a patcher to put Big Sur on it which worked. Steam downloads the game but when I launch it, it seems to launch the game but doesn't run. But it's the same for FM22 when I try that now so I think I must be missing something!? Does the rest of the spec of my machine look ok enough to run the game? Any advice would be appreciated and I won't hold you to anything! :)

Edited by danielcwilliams2184

• SI Staff

You are running an unsupported config by Apple, so not surprised it may have broken things, especially if 22 worked and now doesn't

If your machine doesn't support MacOS 11 it doesn't support the game.

You should be able to request a refund from your retailer, if not contact SEGA support who can hopefully help.

• SI Staff

(at an educated guess I'd expect the issue might be graohics drivers including with big sur aren't right from your card, as its not supported by Apple) might explain the game not laaunching and maybe any game which uses 3D capabilites.

But very hard to say you are very much in undefined behaviour territory I'm afraid.