"competition not finished in time for season update day" error, when making my own league

earthbuilder

Hey everyone, 

I'm trying to create a Danish league, that basically copies the English league format, and thus have more or less copied the rules from the PL ruleset. However, when I try to test the league, I get an error saying that "the Competition is not finished in time for season update day 24/26/2022" (I have also gotten it with 2023). I've looked through the rules multiple times, but cannot seem to find where the error lies. I have also double checked everything in both the PL rules and the English rules, to see that the dates of season start line up (same with the date of matches), and moving the season update day backwards or forwards, does not help either. 

Does anyone know how I solve this issue? 

DK - 5 leagues.fmf

In the league schedule for 3F Superliga under dates you've got an entry for 2nd Jan 2002. That would be 2 years after the start date (eg, in a 22/23 season it would be Jan 2024). I tested the competition and the last match for the 22/23 season was played on 27th Dec 2023 because of that, obviously way after the season update day, so that's the issue. Change it to 2nd Jan 2001 and it should be fixed.

Might be worth making some adjustments to the 22/23 season too actually. Most leagues have an altered schedule, starting the season earlier or with extra mid-week matches to account for the WC break in Nov/Dec.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

In the league schedule for 3F Superliga under dates you've got an entry for 2nd Jan 2002. That would be 2 years after the start date (eg, in a 22/23 season it would be Jan 2024). I tested the competition and the last match for the 22/23 season was played on 27th Dec 2023 because of that, obviously way after the season update day, so that's the issue. Change it to 2nd Jan 2001 and it should be fixed.

Might be worth making some adjustments to the 22/23 season too actually. Most leagues have an altered schedule, starting the season earlier or with extra mid-week matches to account for the WC break in Nov/Dec.

That fixed the issue! Thank you very much! :)

Now that you mention it, I should probably look into that, yes.

• 9 months later...
On 18/08/2022 at 05:12, rusty217 said:

hi @rusty217 any chance can you look at my file getting multiple errors such as too many games for 1 team / relegation and promotion dont add up and league isnt finished on season update day