Senior cup having youth teams

janmagn

Hello all,

I am trying to recreate the Finnish Cup in my database. The competition isn't obligatory and teams choose if they enter or not in real life. I am trying to work around this by having the competition drawing random teams from a local region to enter the competition. However, when I do this, it also gets youth teams in there.

I know there is the option "Dont use B/Reserve/Youth teams". However, as the reserve teams play in the same pyramid, they can also enter the cup and I want them to be able to do so. Only the U20s are the problem.

How would I be able to exclude on the youth teams from entering the cup?

One option would be to add another instruction (at the top of the list) to get all teams, set the team type to whichever youth level you want to exclude, make sure it has no fall back, and then tick the Ignore Teams box. That should leave the first teams and reserve teams eligible, while ignoring all of the youth teams.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

One option would be to add another instruction (at the top of the list) to get all teams, set the team type to whichever youth level you want to exclude, make sure it has no fall back, and then tick the Ignore Teams box. That should leave the first teams and reserve teams eligible, while ignoring all of the youth teams.

Thanks, works like a treat!

Whilst I was able to fix that problem, I have ran into another.

In Finland, there are three cup competitions: Finnish Cup, Finnish Regions Cup and the Finnish Regions Roots Cup.

Finnish Cup is for all teams, Regions Cup for third and fourth division teams and Regions Roots Cup for fifth and below.

How those cups work is that they get the eight teams in those cups, that advanced furthest in the main cup.

Regions Cup works fine, but the Regions Roots Cup doesn't populate when running in game. Is anyone able to find why that is, since I can't find any difference in the advanced rules?

regions cup try.fmf