Number of teams in competition(32) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings(16)

[Editor 2021]
Hello everyone.
I have been trying to create a new competition with these settings for 5 days, failing miserably without giving any errors.
So I decided to create a db where I only tried this competition and it gives me this error

image.png.5e2a89a748f89bd00889ccb33b33f804.png

However, despite my various researches I have not been able to solve.
how can i solve?
I apologize in advance for my bad English.
database di prova 2.fmf

Edited by giuseppeletplay
game version

Your rankings have some errors.

Firstly, the team that comes 3rd is given the ranking "2" and the team that comes 4th is "3", but on the Ranking Level Info page you have 2 teams for ranking "2" as the two losing semi-finalists. Seems like you forgot to add a separate ranking for the 3rd/4th placed teams.

That missed ranking place goes down too. The losing quarter finalists are assigned ranking "4" but on the info page they're set to "3", the losing eighth final teams are assigned "5" but on the info page the losing first round (should probably make the stage name the same in both places) teams are set to "4"

In the group stage one team doesn't get a ranking. There's a five team group, so you should add an additional ranking place for 5th place too. All the group stage rankings are "5" both there and on the info page so they're the same at least (although should probably be "6" instead?)/

Edited by rusty217

7 ore fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

Your rankings have some errors.

Firstly, the team that comes 3rd is given the ranking "2" and the team that comes 4th is "3", but on the Ranking Level Info page you have 2 teams for ranking "2" as the two losing semi-finalists. Seems like you forgot to add a separate ranking for the 3rd/4th placed teams.

That missed ranking place goes down too. The losing quarter finalists are assigned ranking "4" but on the info page they're set to "3", the losing eighth final teams are assigned "5" but on the info page the losing first round (should probably make the stage name the same in both places) teams are set to "4"

In the group stage one team doesn't get a ranking. There's a five team group, so you should add an additional ranking place for 5th place too. All the group stage rankings are "5" both there and on the info page so they're the same at least (although should probably be "6" instead?)/

I solved even if I had to remove the rankings since I still don't know at all how to make them work at their best not knowing the parameters I'm going to touch. Is there any guide / video tutorial on this topic?

Edited by giuseppeletplay
typing

On 10/04/2022 at 23:36, giuseppeletplay said:

I solved even if I had to remove the rankings since I still don't know at all how to make them work at their best not knowing the parameters I'm going to touch. Is there any guide / video tutorial on this topic?

I don't know of any guides/videos, sorry.

You had them nearly correct though, some just didn't match up. Basically just start from 0. Assign the cup winner rank 0, cup runner up rank 1 and set that in ranking levels, ranking 0 (1 team) as competition winner, ranking 1 (1 team) team managed to reach this stage (final)

If you have a 3rd place playoff, then ranking 2 for the winner and 3 for the loser, if not then ranking 2 for both semi-final losers. On the info page use team managed to reach this stage (either 3rd place playoff or semi final, you can use semi even if you have a playoff) and set either ranking 2 and 3 with 1 team, or just ranking 2 with 2 teams.

Then the losing quarter finalists get ranking 3 (without 3rd place) or 4 (with 3rd place) and are set to team managed to reach this stage (quarter final) on the info page with 4 teams. Just keep going like that as you go to earlier rounds, adjusting the number of teams needed.

For group stages/leagues you can either give individual rankings for each position (although those that qualify for the next stage should be set with highest and lowest rankings, depending on which stage they transfer to. The current ranking should equal the highest ranking). Those that don't go to another stage just get the ranking below the lowest possible ranking for teams that moved on. eg. if teams qualify for a quarter final with a losing ranking of 4, then teams that never qualified should get 5. There's no need to set highest/lowest rankings for teams that don't move on to another stage. You can either make them all the same ranking, or keep increasing the ranking as you go down positions in the group/league table. Set their ranking info how you like. You can either use team managed to reach this stage (group stage), team was competitive, team finished near the bottom etc. depending how you want it to be treated.

Just need to make sure every team gets assigned a ranking and you have the correct number of rankings/teams on the info page.

14 ore fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

I don't know of any guides/videos, sorry.

You had them nearly correct though, some just didn't match up. Basically just start from 0. Assign the cup winner rank 0, cup runner up rank 1 and set that in ranking levels, ranking 0 (1 team) as competition winner, ranking 1 (1 team) team managed to reach this stage (final)

If you have a 3rd place playoff, then ranking 2 for the winner and 3 for the loser, if not then ranking 2 for both semi-final losers. On the info page use team managed to reach this stage (either 3rd place playoff or semi final, you can use semi even if you have a playoff) and set either ranking 2 and 3 with 1 team, or just ranking 2 with 2 teams.

Then the losing quarter finalists get ranking 3 (without 3rd place) or 4 (with 3rd place) and are set to team managed to reach this stage (quarter final) on the info page with 4 teams. Just keep going like that as you go to earlier rounds, adjusting the number of teams needed.

For group stages/leagues you can either give individual rankings for each position (although those that qualify for the next stage should be set with highest and lowest rankings, depending on which stage they transfer to. The current ranking should equal the highest ranking). Those that don't go to another stage just get the ranking below the lowest possible ranking for teams that moved on. eg. if teams qualify for a quarter final with a losing ranking of 4, then teams that never qualified should get 5. There's no need to set highest/lowest rankings for teams that don't move on to another stage. You can either make them all the same ranking, or keep increasing the ranking as you go down positions in the group/league table. Set their ranking info how you like. You can either use team managed to reach this stage (group stage), team was competitive, team finished near the bottom etc. depending how you want it to be treated.

Just need to make sure every team gets assigned a ranking and you have the correct number of rankings/teams on the info page.

Thanks a lot I solved.
However, despite having specified the stage of the final, he continues to put me in different stadiums and I can't understand why.

database di prova 2.fmf

On 13/04/2022 at 07:35, giuseppeletplay said:

Thanks a lot I solved.
However, despite having specified the stage of the final, he continues to put me in different stadiums and I can't understand why.

database di prova 2.fmf 55.35 kB · 0 downloads

Fixture Times and Rules > Fixture Dates > Final. The stadium setting there overrides whatever is set in the stage section. I'm not sure how exactly to set up a final to always use the same stadium every time, but I expect the entry there is the issue at least.

Edited by rusty217

12 ore fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

Fixture Times and Rules > Fixture Dates > Final. The stadium setting their overrides whatever is set in the stage section. I'm not sure how exactly to set up a final to always use the same stadium every time, but I expect the entry there is the issue at least.

I finally solved it. It was enough to modify the rules of the stadium so as to then select "stage 0" and "stage 1" in the dates.