Have "two tatics" or two roles for the same player - One when we are on the ball and other when we are off the ball

Bernardo Araújo

Hi all !

I think one feature that should make the game better is that we (fm players) have more options on our tatics and how the tatics can develop in game.

For example, it´s very common to see a team defend in a 4-3-3 and attack in a 3-4-3, with a full back turning into the third center back (in possession), acting like an fm22 wide center back. It´s almost impossible to replicate this in FM. In FM we have the DM that can drop between the CB (only in a 4-3-3) but we can´t put the FB turning into the third CB in possession. In a 4-4-2, i  real life, we also see a midfielder dropping to form a 3 shape at the back and the wingers turning to offensive midfielders (or, as I said earlier the FB turning into the 3 CB), and also this can´t be replicate in FM because if we try to replicate this in possession, our defensive structure will be very bad distributed. And this are just two examples of many that I encounter in real life.

I think that the solution for this is to have two roles for the same position. One "in possession" and one "out of possession". The other solution is to have "two tatics" , but I think that should be more difficult to the AI team to implement.

I play FM since FM2010 and this is one of my main "dreams" for Football Manager game. I think that this feature would create a lot more options for us (fm players), and so we could manage to create our specific "style of play" exactly the way we want. It´s a dream for all Football Manager fanatics to have total control of their tatics. 

I would love to help, please think about this idea.

Thank you !

• 8 months later...